MovieGuyKyle16

How to act during a movie??

And that's why I often go to 11am matinees. There's always, like, no more than 20 other people there.

Funny enough, this doesn't even work always. When I went to see Hugo last weekend, this group of about 3 people behind me would not shut up at all for the entire movie. :angry:And yes, I want an Alamo Drafthouse in my area.

Oh hell no. You and everyone else who just paid $10 to see a film had every right to watch said film without distractions. THEY are the ones who were disobeying basic movie theater etiquette, if not theater policy. No one pays $10 to miss dialogue from a movie because you couldn't hear it over entitled, rude, arrogant, selfish, thoughtless jackasses having a conversation. You are doing absolutely nothing wrong in telling them to shut up. These people need to realize that they are NOT at home and need to be mindful of others.

So don't ever let any idiots tell you something like that. If they give you shit for trying to get them quiet, give it right back to them. They give you a death stare, give it right back ten fold. They tell you that you were rude for asking them to be quiet, put them in their place and tell them exactly what they are.

People like that continue to get away with shit like that because too many people lay down and let them. Everyone just sits there quietly fuming in their seats instead of making them stop. Or they back down when the people get defensive when they are shushed. They can't be allowed to continue disregarding other people, feeling they own the places and thinking they can do whatever they want, wherever and whenever they want without consequences.

All of us with brains and consciences have to put our foot down. Because I guarantee you, if they have that attitude at a movie theater, they also have that attitude in many other facets of their lives.

Thanks for that. You are 100% right. People are too nice to other people and let other people walk all over them. We are taught to not stand up for ourselves, so thank you for this post.

this is why i wish there was a Alamo Drafthouse in every city

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L3eeC2lJZs

Wow! That was epic! Do they play that in front of every movie. I appreciate a theater for having the balls to put something up like that.

i can't believe she reacted like that over being kicked out rightfully out of the theatre! then again i see people act no better at the post-office when waiting in line!i have no problems with people chatting, texting whatever during previews and commercials but once film start shut up and put phone away