kayumanggi

KRAMPUS | 12.4.15 | Universal | final domestic gross: $42,725,475

Final predictions:

OW: 8M (3M weekdays, 11M total)

2nd weekend: 4M (1M weekdays, 16M total)

3rd weekend: 1.8M (500k weekdays, 18.3M total)

4th weekend: 1.3M (500k weekdays, 20.1M total)

DOM total: 23M

The budget is only 15M so Uni won't lose much if anything.

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Final predictions:

OW: 8M (3M weekdays, 11M total)

2nd weekend: 4M (1M weekdays, 16M total)

3rd weekend: 1.8M (500k weekdays, 18.3M total)

4th weekend: 1.3M (500k weekdays, 20.1M total)

DOM total: 23M

The budget is only 15M so Uni won't lose much if anything.

You're being generous with those third and fourth weekend drops. With the avalanche of movies that will be taking over screens over those frames, this will be tossed out everywhere with such low grosses to begin with.

The big question is will this be released on Blu-ray next November like how Christmas movies were released on video back in the day (Polar Express being released in theaters November 2004 and on DVD November 2005 as an example) or will it be released in March-April :P

Edited by Yandereprime101189

3 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

The big question is will this be released on Blu-ray next November like how Christmas movies were released on video back in the day (Polar Express being released in theaters November 2004 and on DVD November 2005 as an example) or will it be released in March-April :P

Haha no.

Christmas movies only take the one year wait to hit home route when the movie is either a big hit or is aimed at families. Everything else follows the standard release model.

56 minutes ago, DAJK said:

My boss is expecting Victor Frankenstein #'s for this, but I think it could potentially do Visit #'s at our theatre. We'll see who's right ;)

Will for sure do better than VF and for sure worse than The Visit. So you're both wrong. :P

Oh nevermind, I see you're just talking about your theater. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Will for sure do better than VF and for sure worse than The Visit. So you're both wrong. :P

Oh nevermind, I see you're just talking about your theater. 

V Frankenstein opened to the equivalent of 3M at our theatre, so I'm sure it'll do better. Visit did 13M

On 12/4/2015, 8:00:08, Jayhawk said:

Surprised they embargoed this until last night, as it's getting decent reviews. Don't think I'll catch it in theaters, but it seems fun.

Who knew though right? Movies like this are almost always sub 35% with the critics, they probably figured that would be the case here too. 

On 3 December 2015 at 01:44:46, filmlover said:

Haha no.

Christmas movies only take the one year wait to hit home route when the movie is either a big hit or is aimed at families. Everything else follows the standard release model.

Wrong, Black Christmas 2006 waited.