kayumanggi

KRAMPUS | 12.4.15 | Universal | final domestic gross: $42,725,475

This has the worst release date of the year, first weekend in December.

Playing for Keeps, Armored, Brothers, Pyramid, Everybody's Fine, Punisher War Zone, Aeon Flux, Nativity Story, Turistas, Killing Them Softly, Homefront.

Literally can't find a hit that opened the weekend after Thanksgiving and I looked back to 2006.

It's been 10 years since a film that opened on that weekend grosses more than $10m. And it was Aeon Flux.

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

Playing for Keeps, Armored, Brothers, Pyramid, Everybody's Fine, Punisher War Zone, Aeon Flux, Nativity Story, Turistas, Killing Them Softly, Homefront.

Literally can't find a hit that opened the weekend after Thanksgiving and I looked back to 2006.

It's been 10 years since a film that opened on that weekend grosses more than $10m. And it was Aeon Flux.

That's because whatever has been released in the post-Thanksgiving slot hasn't been very appealing.

If Universal and Legendary can make this look worth seeing, then it could do sizable numbers.

Personally, I'm predicting a $16 million OW/$49 million DOM.

• Like 1

Eh, Pyramid was barely released in theaters at all, somewhere in the 600+ screens

• Like 1

I read an interview with a cast member and he called it a family film, that pretty much killed my interest.

It could be a 'family film' in the same way that the original Poltergeist was -- a family being terrorized in their own home by demonic beings. That's fun, if it's scary enough.

It could be a 'family film' in the same way that the original Poltergeist was -- a family being terrorized in their own home by demonic beings. That's fun, if it's scary enough.

Yeah but Poltergeist came out at a time when you could get away with shit in PG13 rated movies ( and that one was PG). Now you can't get away with shit.

Yeah but Poltergeist came out at a time when you could get away with shit in PG13 rated movies ( and that one was PG). Now you can't get away with shit.

Jurassic World is a PG-13 movie, as bloody and gory as it is. The ratings board has its quirks but filmmakers can get by with a lot, so long as it involves extreme violence and not sex.