Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

1 hour ago, 2kt09 said:

It doesn't have AQM's many money shots, but marketing seems to get the gist across as with other recent jovial street-level cbm's. 

EoT was still at the end of the day an obscure Tom Cruise action/scifi thing. 

Bumblebee was a more expensive Herbie Fully Loaded.

Spider-verse was another too weird & animated Lord & Miller project.

Shazam's trailers are better than AQM's trailers.

• Like 1

No such thing as "real critics" anymore.   We can point to "Top Critics" on RT I suppose and you'll find all the well know publications etc. but do most people pay attention to it?  Do most people pay attention to anything other than the overall RT score?   Hell, do most people even pay attention to RT? 

I'd say enough people do pay attention to RT overall to a point where studios feel it's useful to use in marketing but I don't know.  If we agree that it's at least somewhat important it still doesn't matter how the score about..    Shazam could do 83% on RT and I believe most people won't investigate to see where and how the number came about..   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

No such thing as "real critics" anymore.   We can point to "Top Critics" on RT I suppose and you'll find all the well know publications etc. but do most people pay attention to it?  Do most people pay attention to anything other than the overall RT score?   Hell, do most people even pay attention to RT? 

I'd say enough people do pay attention to RT overall to a point where studios feel it's useful to use in marketing but I don't know.  If we agree that it's at least somewhat important it still doesn't matter how the score about..    Shazam could do 83% on RT and I believe most people won't investigate to see where and how the number came about..   

I think that regular people only care about the overall score and don't give a shit about Metacritic either. Jumanji had a 58/100 score on Metacritic and had great word of mouth. Fanboys love Metacritic and care about the top critic score on RT but that's about it. 

On 3/1/2019 at 4:36 PM, Nova said:

It’s Goffe. He doesn’t like anything. That’s the only reason for his prediction. 

Exactly. This is why i don’t take his reviews for each movies seriously...like even at all.

He’s ”Mr. Blockbuster-hater”, even if the said blockbuster hits over $1B WW.

But i think another problem is that he has no good sense of what he wants to see in the movies. It’s always ”This movie sucks because it made so much money”.

I’ve seen his reviews be constantly negative every time a new big movie comes out: Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War, DP2, JW2, The latest Star Wars-movies & Pixar sequels, Zootopia, Aquaman, and he keeps giving the same negative thoughts over and over, like his reviews are exactly autopilot.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 3:45 PM, Goffe said:

This is gonna absolutely tank overseas. I can easily see under 150m OS.

Oh, and what happens if it overperforms...will you be angrier that we didn’t listen to you if we gave the movie our money?

Look, no offense...but i know you’re gonna hate this movie anyway...like almost every other new big movie you want to see underperform. I know...because i can feel it and smell it a mile away. 🙄

If you keep this up...you’ll be the next ”BK007”. Not in a good way. And i’m not even joking...i’m serious. You want to see every new blockbuster fail...because it looks like they have nothing good to offer you...or you’ll assume anyway they won’t have anything good anyway to offer you. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

So who's the next horror director to get a DC flick? I bet the guy doing Annabelle 3 is next

He's the co-show-runner for Swamp Thing on DCU, which is being exec-produced by James Wan

I'm just so happy and relieved that they put weight on the family stuff and it's not just a kid becoming an adult superhero.Also I am very happy that it seems that they haven't gave away nothing with the trailers.Most times these movies give away all the funny scenes and even the twists with the trailers.But not this one.Good job WB.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I'm just so happy and relieved that they put weight on the family stuff and it's not just a kid becoming an adult superhero.Also I am very happy that it seems that they haven't gave away nothing with the trailers.Most times these movies give away all the funny scenes and even the twists with the trailers.But not this one.Good job WB.

WB seems to be good at that.

Wonder Woman's trailers were perfect at whetting audiences' appetites without showing too much of the film.  

1 hour ago, DlAMONDZ said:

So who's the next horror director to get a DC flick? I bet the guy doing Annabelle 3 is next

I thought for sure Andy Muschietti would be locked into doing a DC flick after the mega success of IT but nope.