Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

10 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

This looks great. First DCEU I've been excited to see. Can't wait. Or, wait? Is this DCEU or its own thing?

After Justice League.. they decided that the DCEU can still be connected but it will be loosely connected,  as in the directors are making their own movies and they aren't expected to further progress some overarching story arc that will lead to a team up.  

There won't be a team up for a long time. They are just going to do different solo franchises and sometimes make connections/possible cameos. 

3 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

After Justice League.. they decided that the DCEU can still be connected but it will be loosely connected,  as in the directors are making their own movies and they aren't expected to further progress some overarching story arc that will lead to a team up.  

There won't be a team up for a long time. They are just going to do different solo franchises and sometimes make connections/possible cameos. 

Appreciate the clarification. Sounds like a wise choice that will allow the movies to dance to their own tune.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Too bad. Makes it way less fun. Ah well, they're making good movies lately and that's what matters. I have the MCU and Star Wars for the ultimate cinematic universe experience.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

more like they poke fun the name here and there......

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Appreciate the clarification. Sounds like a wise choice that will allow the movies to dance to their own tune.

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Too bad. Makes it way less fun. Ah well, they're making good movies lately and that's what matters. I have the MCU and Star Wars for the ultimate cinematic universe experience.

They might come back to it but they are more concerned about getting Shazam going,  continuing Aquaman,  continuing Wonder Woman,  doing Harley Quinn movies and starting a new Batman franchise with Matt Reeves (who did the Planet of the Apes trilogy).  These are the projects for the next 2-3 years.  

I should also note the movie 'Joker' starring  Joaquin Phoenix is said to be an 'Elseworlds' movie.   This is another thing WB is doing,  they are doing projects that are set in an alternative universe kinda like the comics,  the execs said that if they think a project is a good idea they'll do it and it can standalone. 

One more thing.  There's a Flash movie that is in development but a ways away.  It could wind up tying the universe together if they do a Paradox type story line out of it but that wouldn't be until a few years down the road. 

6 minutes ago, boyamama said:

more like they poke fun the name here and there......

Well Aquaman made some references to past events and it's expected that Suicide Squad 2 will probably do the same..  it's no different than comics where they allude to past events but they don't always tie in to something down the road.  

6 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I like it. Like MCU do their tightly interwoven universe and let DCEU do their loosely stitched together universe. I think it's smart especially because the DC flicks that gave broken out were Wonder Woman and Aquaman. Shazam! looks primed to break out as well.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I like it. Like MCU do their tightly interwoven universe and let DCEU do their loosely stitched together universe. I think it's smart especially because the DC flicks that gave broken out were Wonder Woman and Aquaman. Shazam! looks primed to break out as well.

Can't argue with that. I'll go with it, for sure.

4 hours ago, JB33 said:

Ah well, they're making good movies lately and that's what matters. I have the MCU and Star Wars for the ultimate cinematic universe experience.

Yeah not every other movie would just randomly culminate into getting a stone or a Jedi Master.

Edited by NamakFiskKa