Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

I've tried looking at all the trailer viewings in Youtube for Shazam's second trailer. If you include all views including from the official WB channel to Eminem's channel as well as many other channels, the second trailer for Shazam has reached about 17-18 million views total in one weeks time. Decent amount of interest but more on the level of Ant-man rather than Captain Marvel. 

The highest possible opening for Shazam in NA is probably 80M while the lowest possible opening would be in the 40-50Ms.

2 minutes ago, LordNox said:

The highest possible opening for Shazam in NA is probably 80M while the lowest possible opening would be in the 40-50Ms.

I could see it hitting mid-$30m worst case scenario tbh

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Early tracking predicted a 45M opening of Shazam a month ago. So lets see if WB will be able to get that higher.

The fact that Shazam has tons of early screenings and early reviews shows that WB desperately want the good reviews and word of mouth out as quickly as possible in the hope that will give Shazam an added momentum to get the movie a higher than expected opening. It will be interesting to see if this strategy will succeed or not.

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

I think Dumbo has a good shot at being No.1 2 weekends in a row like you mentioned. I dare someone to make that club Dumbo 2nd weekend over Shazam 1st weekend. 

Edited by DMan7
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

I think Dumbo has a good shot at being No.1 2 weekends in a row like you mentioned. I dare someone to make that club Dumbo 2nd weekend over Shazam 1st weekend. 

I don't want that to happen, but it's definitely possible. Would be a shame since apparently this film's great

2 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Some serious trolling going on in this thread from the same people who thought MPR would destroy Aquaman. What a surprise.

Hey, I'm looking forward to this movie a lot! I just don't wanna be disappointed if it disappoints financially 

I saw a screening last night. Honestly, I was expecting worse but I was pleasantly surprised on how fun and entertaining it was! Not gonna spoil anything. All I am gonna say is that Zachary Levi was hilarious and the child actors were also very good! 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I saw a screening last night. Honestly, I was expecting worse but I was pleasantly surprised on how fun and entertaining it was! Not gonna spoil anything. All I am gonna say is that Zachary Levi was hilarious and the child actors were also very good! 😃

Fan screenings have begun huh?

Just now, DMan7 said:

Fan screenings have begun huh?

Yup...actually, screenings started as early as last week, I believe. Just after Captain Marvel opened up. I live in Chicago and I think the Shazam! crew began their tour early. The cast was at our theatre for the screening to get the buzz going.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Yup...actually, screenings started as early as last week, I believe. Just after Captain Marvel opened up. I live in Chicago and I think the Shazam! crew began their tour early. The cast was at our theatre for the screening to get the buzz going.

How'd you rate the movie compared to other comic book movies released within the past year or so?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

How'd you rate the movie compared to other comic book movies released within the past year or so?

Well....compared to Aquaman, it was around the same level, although I would rate Aquaman a little higher. Aquaman has some stylish action sequences and Mamoa has a lot of charisma. Shazam! has more of a comedic effect and Levi pulls it off nicely. Compared to Captain Marvel, it was actually almost on par (I know people will be looking at me crazy). I just found Shazam! more entertaining than Captain Marvel. Both films have their moments and some hiccups. But Shazam! is a hell of a lot better than that Suicide Squad crap (I HATED that movie) and does not drag (like BvS). Without spoiling anything, that's all I can say.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Well....compared to Aquaman, it was around the same level, although I would rate Aquaman a little higher. Aquaman has some stylish action sequences and Mamoa has a lot of charisma. Shazam! has more of a comedic effect and Levi pulls it off nicely. Compared to Captain Marvel, it was actually almost on par (I know people will be looking at me crazy). I just found Shazam! more entertaining than Captain Marvel. Both films have their moments and some hiccups. But Shazam! is a hell of a lot better than that Suicide Squad crap (I HATED that movie) and does not drag (like BvS). Without spoiling anything, that's all I can say.

I honestly don’t think anyone will think you’re crazy at all. Social media reactions have been good for Shazam so it sounds like it’s a very entertaining movie. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

To even suggest Dumbo could be #1 on it's second weekend is super trolling. Like, that's not even in the realm of possible. Sure, Dumbo will "break out" to like a $60 mil OW.

This is headed towards at LEAST $50+ mil. Probably closer to $75 mil OW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

I honestly don’t think anyone will think you’re crazy at all. Social media reactions have been good for Shazam so it sounds like it’s a very entertaining movie. 

It is a lot of fun! I will definitely tell you that! By far not a perfect movie, but not god awful.