Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

Damm so happy for this movie and the DCU, first Aquaman now shazam (also WW but they had one slip up) great to see them having another 90+ maybe 95+ RT movie. One more great movie and the DCU will have strong name going forward and we have second money printing machine can't wait! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

the only review that matters :Gaga:

I am quite intrigued by her review. She says that there are several surprises (pleasant surprises) that she cannot believe were able to be kept unspoiled after the screenings that have taken place already. She says that there is a particular scene that will be instantly iconic (not unlike what happened with No Man's Land), and she says that the villain actually works in spades.

4 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Holy shit, I....kind of loved this?!?! And maybe think this is one of the best superhero movies of the decade?!??????!!!

Ehrlich... Spaghetti... Shazam! really is something special

D1JkDFKXcAo1jZg.jpg

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Holy shit, I....kind of loved this?!?! And maybe think this is one of the best superhero movies of the decade?!??????!!!

I kind of had the opposite reaction. 

I went in expecting to love it, and only just liked it. But I also though Justice League was pretty decent, so what do I know.
I enjoyed the humor, but just found the movie as a whole was a little too aimed at a younger crowd than the normal superhero flicks. 

I went to the 4pm preview show and was shocked at how many people my age (early thirties) were there, rather than families (there were almost none there). I think this one plays a little more to family audiences than any of the other DC/Marvel movies from the last few years. 

I'm very interested to see where this one goes box office wise. 

Theoretically, it should be a knock out with the family crowds throughout April... but then Dumbo opens just a week before it. 

Also, considering the film takes place at Christmas time (I'm fairly certain this is not a spoiler), I wonder why they didn't release during the holidays. It seems like one of those perfect family holiday releases. 

Edited by VanillaSkies
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DAJK said:

I'll be out of my screening by 9:30 PST but I'll definitely post what I thought :)

Also, is there just 1 or 2 post credit scenes worth staying for?

There’s 2. One mid credit and one end of credits. 

• Thanks 1