Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

39 minutes ago, Premium George said:

With china, this seems very possible.

800 WW might have been possible without End Game. Globally that will crush it. I hope this movie does awesome. It's small budget makes 500+ a massive success. Personally I'm hoping for 623+

Edited by cdsacken

I feel like black panther had more violence in the water fall fights. I don’t know what people are referring to as the scene that would make parents apprehensive to  take their kids?

dc did their best marvel impression with this one.  

• Knock It Off 1

10 minutes ago, Essem said:

who says "in the football" thats like saying "lets play bowling" instead of "lets go bowling" :)

Are you serious?

See, there is this thing called "people who are not native English speakers," right? And the whole point of that is that, oddly enough, they do not have a masterful grasp of English!

Isn't that amazing?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, YLF said:

I feel like black panther had more violence in the water fall fights. I don’t know what people are referring to as the scene that would make parents apprehensive to  take their kids?

I am so glad to learn that Marvel invented the concept of the fun, colorful, wide-eyed, hopeful superhero film.

I always thought that the blueprint had been laid out by Superman The Movie, but I was wrong.

It was all the MCU!!

You live and learn! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, YLF said:

Marvel are a parody of themselves now ...Dc is new Marvel.:thinking:

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The reviews compare it to Superman.

Not the films that started like only 10 years ago. 

I'm sorry, I  have never watched the superman movies pre-2000s.

it just felt like a marvel movie to me. Thats not a slight on the movie. 

Edited by YLF

1 hour ago, ChipMunky said:

In his tweet review, he literally spoils multiple things in the film. Like, are you that dense? Like, sure, spoil the film in your full review if you want. That's expected. But good lord.

Did Sandberg not return his call?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, YLF said:

I'm sorry, I  have never watched the superman movies pre-2000s.

it just felt like a marvel movie to me. Thats not a slight on the movie. 

You should. It's incredible.

10 minutes ago, Galactic Specter said:

These comparisons to Sam Raimi's Spider-Man are really making me excited to see it, we don't really get superhero movies like that anymore.

That seems like a great comparison.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

In his tweet review, he literally spoils multiple things in the film. Like, are you that dense? Like, sure, spoil the film in your full review if you want. That's expected. But good lord.

Thank god I only read only his first sentence of his review when his tweet appeared in my feed.

Before reactions came in, I thought this would open to $50M and do about $140M-$150M max. Honestly I could see this blow way past tracking since WB now has two weeks to market this as “One of the best CBM ever.” 

Gonna go ahead and say $80M OW and $220M domestic for now. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Nova said:

Before reactions came in, I thought this would open to $50M and do about $140M-$150M max. Honestly I could see this blow way past tracking since WB now has two weeks to market this as “One of the best CBM ever.” 

Gonna go ahead and say $80M OW and $220M domestic for now. 

Still thinking high 60's, low 70's, but then I always assumed that would be higher than tracking, due to the previews and good reactions. Would be very impressive if WB took this to double its 3 week out tracking...

I maintain that it's a bad release date, but WB seem to be doing the best with it, in terms of hitting the right spot between CM and Endgame buzz, and using the advanced screenings to let WOM build.