Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

7 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

Funny to see the members who hate DC films have to say "it's okay,  I guess"   :lol:   Really hurt your soul to give this some props,  like pulling teeth lol

I guarantee you that absolutely no one goes into these movies wanting to hate them, which is what you seem to be implying here.  Maybe it’s not that serious.  Maybe it’s just a movie that some people will have different feelings on than others.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I guarantee you that absolutely no one goes into these movies wanting to hate them, which is what you seem to be implying here.  Maybe it’s not that serious.  Maybe it’s just a movie that some people will have different feelings on than others.

I can guarantee you there are PLENTY of people with that mindset, on both sides. It's tribalism, pure and simple.

Not implying that's the case with you - and in fact the majority of people on here. But these fanboy properties inspire very...errr, strong emotions for some reason.

• Like 4

People definitely go in with negative perceptions and they don't even try to separate their own feelings when giving an objective reviews which is such crap. On both sides, the DC vs Marvel war is tiresome.

I've liked almost every superhero film, loved basically none of them. Thought CM was good, thought Aquaman was better which surprised me, really liked BP, and Infinity War while great left me with me the obvious incomplete feeling as it did for most I imagine. All of those are of course IMO.

I've had high expectations for this film since I found out Zach Levi was in it. Even higher now, I hope it breaks out even better than US did relative to tracking and expectations.

Edited by cdsacken

3 hours ago, Nova said:

Before reactions came in, I thought this would open to $50M and do about $140M-$150M max. Honestly I could see this blow way past tracking since WB now has two weeks to market this as “One of the best CBM ever.” 

Gonna go ahead and say $80M OW and $220M domestic for now. 

Having seen the film, that's about where I'm expecting it as well. 
70-80 million open, though I feel it will struggle past 200 due to Endgame opening 3 weeks after. On the plus side, it does have Easter weekend. So 210-220 total seems doable. 

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2019/03/shazam-preview-record-box-office-1202581506/

Warner Bros.’ Fandango preview screening yesterday at 1,200 struck lightning with a $3.3M gross besting the paid-preview figures of DreamWorks Animation-Fandango preview of How to Train Your Dragon 3 ($2.6M),  Atom & Amazon’s WB preview of Aquaman ($2.9M), and Atom/Amazon’s previews of Sony’s Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle ($1.8M) and Hotel Transylvania 3 ($1.3M)

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It's kinda hard to compare those other movies, as Shazam had 2/3 preview screenings, while the rest of those movies had only one IIRC. But I guess it's fine? Maybe it should've done a bit better considering the extra showtimes?