Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

Yes, loads of variables for comparisons, but that is a great number in my opinion. It's still most likely under 3k showtimes, on a weekend with a 70 million opener and a 35 million superhero holdover. 

70+ OW should be a safe bet at this point.

3 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

That's Man of Steel's DOM total. Hope you are right. Great if it hits the $300m mark.

Still don't get what WB will put it between CM and A:EG...

Because DC are confident Shazam will be managed to cut CM's legs and kill EG's buzz!

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 3
  • ...wtf 1

13 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Going to call it now but I feel like Shazam will play more like a family movie then a usual superhero movie, I could be entirely wrong though.

It's going to play out like Spider-verse but with a bigger opening. DC now would have 4 movies with a great than 4x multiplier if that happens (Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Batman 1989)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

It's going to play out like Spider-verse but with a bigger opening. DC now would have 4 movies with a great than 4x multiplier if that happens (Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Batman 1989)

I don't think you can use Batman 1989. 
The Box Office was a completely different beast back then, and multipliers were almost always above 4x for most movies... 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Batman Begins had 4.2 multiplier.

• Like 1