Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

When we get a proper Batman film I have no doubt it will be another cultural phenomenon.Smh at people doubting the Bat.

Superman... I mean if marvel AND dc can make their less known characters for I have no doubt given a director and screenwriters who actually get the character and get his heart right it will at the very least be a critical success.

Also Wonder Woman ,Aquaman ,Shazam all had a lot of heart and all had Geof johns influences(right?). The last are straight up adaptations of his stuff albeit with some features. WB should god for more heart and humour the o.g  superman films and ramie vibes for their main heroes well not batman but yeah.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nevermore said:

The reviewer decides whether it's fresh or not, especially when its smack in the middle.

Yeah, we saw similar things with CM where 2/4 ratings were positive.  Some people are just tough graders but still think worth seeing.

On 3/23/2019 at 10:17 AM, WittyUsername said:

Where would you say it ranks among DC movies overall?

I would say it’s the best, actually. I liked it better than Wonder Woman and even Aquaman! I’m not including Christopher Nolan’s Batman movies since they are not part of the DCEU. 

Just now, Barnack said:

Shazam reviews are just out ?

Wasn't that movie already in theater ? for a good while, I think I saw ticket time in a theater near me passing.

You're thinking of the wrong Captain Marvel film

But in all seriousness, they had an early sneak for this film yesterday so it might have been for that

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

You're thinking of the wrong Captain Marvel film

But in all seriousness, they had an early sneak for this film yesterday so it might have been for that

Must be that because it is not playing anymore today....

2 hours ago, AdamKendall said:

... and the 5/10 is now a negative so 93% 53/4

I guess his check didn't clear. :P

Well, the review did say that the movie is supposedly repetitive. Still, I’ll be on the lookout for Matthew Lickona’s review, because for him, a 2/5 is a positive rating. 

7 hours ago, Mulder said:

Through legs. BvS' OW is still the biggest DCEU OW yet, and if it got better WoM domestically and didn't epically crash it would've definitely passed a billion. 

Well, too bad it did not, and the film is universally reviled as the clusterfuck/turkey/misguided atrocity it truly was, while WW and Aquaman (and soon it seems, Shazam too) are beloved by audiences all over the world. So, until they make a decent Superman and a decent Batman film, hell yeah, bring on the trinity of Diana, Arthur, and Billy. I am sure that audiences will certainly embrace them better than yet another Supes/Bats film with the same ole same ole they have seen a million times before.

1 minute ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Well, too bad it did not, and the film is universally reviled as the clusterfuck/turkey/misguided atrocity it truly was, while WW and Aquaman (and soon it seems, Shazam too) are beloved by audiences all over the world. So, until they make a decent Superman and a decent Batman film, hell yeah, bring on the trinity of Diana, Arthur, and Billy. I am sure that audiences will certainly embrace them better than yet another Supes/Bats film with the same ole same ole they have seen a million times before.

If Batman could rebound from Batman & Robin and Superman from Superman 3, 4, and Returns, I think they're fine.

55 minutes ago, Mulder said:

If Batman could rebound from Batman & Robin and Superman from Superman 3, 4, and Returns, I think they're fine.

I think it's more if WB/New Line can rebound.

In case anyone's forgotten, this is the first funny book superhero movie from New Line Cinema since Son of the Mask.

2 minutes ago, 2kt09 said:

I think it's more if WB/New Line can rebound.

In case anyone's forgotten, this is the first funny book superhero movie from New Line Cinema since Son of the Mask.

I don't really see what Batman and Superman have to do with New Line.

IMO , new superheros are fresh and great to explore but that doesn’t mean we have to put Superman and Batman on the shelf. These are timeless characters. No matter how much they screw up with them they still bring in audiences. It is time for them to treat them right specially Superman. There is no reason why WB can’t do new and fresh Sperheros ( in terms of live actions adaptations) with the old timeless ones.

That said , the flash movie needs to be on point because this is a character that has potential to be as popular as spiderman when done right.