Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

Just now, TMP said:

I think they were expecting the film to be less divisive?

Are we just inventing new definitions for divisive now? Divisive is Man of Steel, where reviewers are split down the middle. You have 5/5 and 0/5 in almost equal measure and 50/50 on tomatometer.

The only way these reviews can be divisive is if you are concern trolling.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

To echo some of the comments - if it does end up in the 80's...in what world is that divisive? I don't get it...

That wouldn’t be divisive by any means, but it would’ve really been something if this movie managed to stay in the 90s. I guess I just set my hopes up really high in the same way that I was disappointed when TDKR “only” managed to get a score in the high 80s. 

5 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Go check out Oliver Jones critical history.  There's something about it that I found interesting.  Hey,  did I soften that up enough or is this still for mature audiences only? 

:redcapes:

Nothing wrong with his critical history that I see.  I don't agree with some of it, but they're his opinions

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Nothing wrong with his critical history that I see.  I don't agree with some of it, but they're his opinions

Of course they are his opinions.  I didn't say he didn't have a right to one. Some people want to believe that critics don't have clear and obvious biases but they do because they are people and people have biases. He has his. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Of course they are his opinions.  I didn't say he didn't have a right to one. Some people want to believe that critics don't have clear and obvious biases but they do because they are people and people have biases. He has his. 

Imagine getting this worked up over one critic who didn't like your cape hero movie

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Imagine getting this worked up over one critic who didn't like your cape hero movie

So every time someone points out a fact they are "worked up"?  I get that it's easier to go that route than to debate a point, so here we are lol, 

Yes,  Shazam! is getting great reviews.  I'm happy for it and hope to see it do well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Not all people are going to like the movie, it's how it always is

HOWEVER, I can't look at his last two big reviews side by side and not chuckle at how much they clash.

as @Johnny Tran said, everyone can have an opinion, but people also have biases.  It affects every movie though. 

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 5

55 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I mean, the guy compared a recent CBM to Memento, and then compared Shazam to a powerpoint. That's just... strange.

• Haha 5
  • ...wtf 1

12 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

I mean, the guy compared a recent CBM to Memento, and then compared Shazam to a powerpoint. That's just... strange.

And more bizarrely Eternal Sunshine just because both movies have the characters going through memory loss at some point of the movie. Why don't we all start comparing CBMs to Charlie Kaufman movies? I guess Infinity War is basically Synecdoche New York.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 3