Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

1 hour ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I don't understand This obsession for a stupid score

You are on a website dedicated on obsessing on stupid box office numbers (with about 99.9% of it's member being very very remotely connected to those movies in any possible ways if any), that should put you in a specially good position to put yourself in the shoes of someone obsessing on something like a stupid RT score.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

Zach Levy is definently getting rave reviews for his work.

I really enjoyed Levy in season 2 of "Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" and glad he seems tohave pulled off this role.

I like that from the reviews, the film embraces the basic silliness of the whole idea behind Shazam, instead of trying to make it more "grown up".

Edited by dudalb

22 minutes ago, a2k said:

After BO performance of Venom and especially DC's own AQM, barely fresh, we still care that much about critics?

Gotta have a hook.

Surprised no marketing regarding the first live-action superhero making his 21st century debut.

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

Considering Synder is not involved in this movie and it apparently is not gloomy and depressing I imagine it will be a big hit. Hopefully they continue the trend of doing films the opposite of what he did.

Meanwhile, a Marvel director is about to release the most gloomiest and darkest SH movie ever.

5 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Meanwhile, a Marvel director is about to release the most gloomiest and darkest SH movie ever.

Let's wait and see how it plays out. Just because he has a dark suit in the movie...it's too early to judge Spiderman Far From Home.

17 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Yeah I'm not thrilled about that but at least it will be done well. Gloomy, boring, and badly directed don't mix well. Also BVS was gloomy in a different way.

41 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Yeah I'm not thrilled about that but at least it will be done well. Gloomy, boring, and badly directed don't mix well. Also BVS was gloomy in a different way.

Directors pick dark and grim because they find it more interesting than cookie cutter.

I mean if it's effective sure. Nolan was dark and gloomy but effective. Snyder was gloomy, dark, messy, ineffective, boring, and scattered.

Anyways I'm glad he is not a part of those. DC will flourish without him.

Edited by cdsacken

20 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Directors pick dark and grim because they find it more interesting than cookie cutter.

I thought it was because the gateway to genre filmmaking is action/horror both of which are all about teeth grinding suspense and hair raising setpieces. If you mean directors in general from drama to comedy...well both do deal in tragedy.

OT: where'd you guys hear/read about this Far From Home blurb? or is it some other movie?

Edited by 2kt09