Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

Currently the presales on Fandango are about 15% of Captain Marvel at same point, which would mean $23M for OW. It is probably lower because of the early access, so let's wait a couple of days to see if it picks up (because it really should to reach tracking numbers).

15 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

James Gunn didn't make Brightburn though. He didn't even write it. He did make Super though which was pretty dark. In fact, all of Gunn's work outside of the MCU is dark.

Yeah, main reason I’m suspecting an R for Twoicide Squad

18 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Currently the presales on Fandango are about 15% of Captain Marvel at same point, which would mean $23M for OW. It is probably lower because of the early access, so let's wait a couple of days to see if it picks up (because it really should to reach tracking numbers).

Shazam is gonna play much more like a family film than Capt. Marvel, and most MCU/DCEU films for that matter. Gonna be a WOM beast, can't see lower than an A- cinemascore (A+ is possible, but I don't want to get overzealous). Expecting walk-up heavy and then 3 weeks of great legs, a hard dip, and then pika pika double screenings helping its late legs bloom.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

I wouldn't say Captain Marvel would be a good comp since it was one of the more presale heavy MCU films while Shazam should be considerably walk up friendly (even compared to Wonder Woman and Aquaman standards).

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

James Gunn didn't make Brightburn though. He didn't even write it. He did make Super though which was pretty dark. In fact, all of Gunn's work outside of the MCU is dark.

5 hours ago, cdsacken said:

I mean if it's effective sure. Nolan was dark and gloomy but effective. Snyder was gloomy, dark, messy, ineffective, boring, and scattered.

Anyways I'm glad he is not a part of those. DC will flourish without him.

Difference is that Nolan built his dark and gloomy movie around  a character...Batman..who needed to be Dark and Gloomy; Snyder tried to do Dark and Gloomy with a character..Superman..for whom it just did not fit.

As for the Darkest Superhero movie of all, I would  nominate Logan; I doubt the Endgame is going to be quite as unrelentingly dark as Logan was. I hasten to add that Logan was an excellent movie, the story it told was basically a pretty tragic one.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Probably the most horrifying scooby-doo movie/show I have ever seen (and I have seen Mystery Inc which was pretty dark but not legit terrifying). That scene scared me when I watched this as a kid.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

With Dumbo looking like another dud, if this does play well with families, it should be first choice up to Endgame and even a softer opening won't be the end of the world... 

It's another fantastic non Pixar/Marvel movi e by the minds over there at Disney

44 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

How many reviews until it’s certified fresh? 75? Should get it right away then 

39 minutes ago, nevermore said:

So even if the next 11 reviews are rotten, it'll still be certified, right? 

• Like 1