Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

I just got out. Probably my favorite DC movie behind The Dark Knight. I loved the humor and the overall story. Darla was hands down my favorite. She stole the movie imo I’ll probably watch it again in theaters. 

@CoolEric258 I had to chuckle several times throughout the movie because it was so obviously not shot in Philly. What’s up with those Septa signs? :rofl:

At least they put in a Geno's bag.

Don't even care what it makes this weekend, because this film will find an audience at some point either in theaters or for audiences at home and we'll get a sequel that does much better, because it's absolutely fantastic.  All these characters are so fun to cheer on and get behind.   Darla & Freddy are such standouts, but Zachary Levi is the perfect Shazam.  A

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 6

I had a half day at work today and had to drive out to near the theatre so I thought I’d use the opportunity to watch Shazam. 

There’s 6 other people here for this 3:40pm session of Shazam. 

Scratch that, 8 other people. These 2 guys walked up and down the stairs trying to find their designated seat in a near empty theatre. 

2 more makes 10. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, AnDr3s said:

lmao in reddit there are people who compare shazam with lego batman

there is no way this only makes 136 OS

4.4mil previews, x10 for a 44mil weekend, 3.0 legs to 132mil, might be optimistic at this point honestly.

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

10 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

4.4mil previews, x10 for a 44mil weekend, 3.0 legs to 132mil, might be optimistic at this point honestly.

🙄Why in the hell are you forgetting it made $3.3 million from an early screening that will be added on to these thursday preview numbers ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

i was talking overseas

ahhh yeah that seems a bit much... 

as far as the 3.3mil from the showing a week or so ago, I'm fairly sure Aquaman's wasn't counted for the previews so I'm not sure why Shazam's would, or why that number would help with the final weekend total in terms of legs.

Edited by Ledmonkey96
  • ...wtf 2

4 minutes ago, mulderfox said:

Ha! it will do way better then that. US+China alone will be be that.

I said 'international'. International doesn't include the US. If you include the US, Deadline is predicting $145M to $150M.