Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

The 3.3m from before was great and all and it would have definitely counted towards presales but I’m not sure if it all would of automatically rolled into preview night. I guess we’ll have to see how the weekend plays out. 

I’m going to catch this tomorrow and it seems some GA in Asian countries including certain of my friends don’t like it. Some of my friends give 5.9/10, some 3/10, some 0/10 (wtf), though there’s also 4/5 as well. Some of them go in expecting CBM style films like those of another franchise, AQM and WW but based on trailers and reviews, while I do respect others’ opinion, I think I should go in expecting a rare family friendly superheroes film. 

• Like 1

Thought it was pretty great fun for the first 90 minutes or so, but it ran out of steam during the overlong final battle. Could've used a little more fat trimmed off of it, but overall it was a good time at the theater. Will be interesting to see the WOM on this film; the audience I saw it with seemed to enjoy it but there wasn't a crazy amount of buzz afterward.

• Like 1

That's what I'm preparing myself for. Amazing reviews leading to just good. Conversely Aquaman reviews complained about so much and said it was "fun". I was pumped after that movie, shocked just how much I liked it. One of favorite CBMs flaws or not.

Pretty great fun works for me. Dumbo was bad for about 100 minutes, and about 40 minutes too long.

Edited by cdsacken