Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Shazam is looking at under 200 OS. Has to be more than just China as antman did like 330 OS right?

China did around 100M for Antman.Antman 1/3 OS is from China.shazam is Poor in China.That's it

Edited by SliverS

11 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

I love this^^^

Totally illuminates how perspective is everything.

If any comedy today opened at 52 million, we all would be ooohing and ahhhhing over such a fantastic number.

If any superhero film today opened at 52 million, lots of us would be lamenting the 'floppage' of such opening.

(Bonus: If an MCU superhero film today opened at 52 million, some of us would be in panic mode, others would be celebrating "the much deserved crumbling of the MCU assembly line" and others would be frantically trying to understand what happened.)

Ant-Man opened to $57M in 2015. I haven't discovered BOT yet during that time so I don't know if many here panicked.

11 minutes ago, SliverS said:

China did around 100M for Antman.Antman 1/3 OS is from China.shazam is Poor in China.That's it

130 million OS difference. China difference is 50 million. Ant man actually opened to 40 something on China. Monster legs.

9 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Ant-Man opened to $57M in 2015. I haven't discovered BOT yet during that time so I don't know if many here panicked.

Interesting question. There are articles everywhere asking if it was a flop.

Meh, we always have trolling when comic book movies come out. Especially when it’s a DC release. They couldn’t say much about Aquaman so the claws were already sharpened before this came out. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't see how Shazam would make less than 200M OS

the only OS countries that are doing significantly worse than Ant-Man (with bad reception) are China and SK, which look to finish around 51M and 8M-10M respectively

so even if Shazam! ONLY does 65%-70% of Ant-Man's OS-China and SK gross the OS total would still be above 200M

65%-70% of Ant-Man's OS-China and SK gross would give Shazam! :

if 65%  :138.4 + 51 + 10 = 200M~

if 70%  : 149.1 + 51 +10  = $210M

and I think Shazam will do even better than that with good WoM and reach 230M-238M OS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UserHN said:

No need to go that far back.  Some people were decrying AM&TW as a huge disappointment last year :lol:

Edited by TalismanRing