Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

3 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Needs to open in December and will top 250m

Not really. I can see it doing $300M+ even with the frenetic Spring schedule, besides the family movies in Spring outside of Dumbo don’t look super strong and it can co exist with it.

26 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Fuck naysayers, Shazam has more tweets than FB and Godzilla! It's second only to Aquaman but beat FB and especially GZ by a large margin.

See how quickly it can change, Shazam is gone:

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

Tom Hardy is a bigger star than Brad Pitt at this point. I'm not saying he's more famous, but I think he's more relevant and has more of an audience for him in the right role, right now. You swap Pitt and Hardy, I think that movie does about the same if not a little less.

Probably not for a 60/70s Tarantino movie too.

Swap Hardy for Pitt in the The Drop (10.7m/7.9intl), Child 44 (1.22m/11.7), Fury Road (154m/224.8), Legend (1.8m/41.1), Revenant (183m/349), Dunkirk (190m/337m)

Except for Legend in the UK market, not sure any of them does less. Put Hardy in Allied (40m/80m), chance are good it does less.

19 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

So, this has "a lot of fun" and marvel fans like it (and don't like Aqua trailer).

SO PREDICTABLE:hahaha:. Poor people.

The irony is the majority of people who liked the trailer don’t have a fandom they’re loyal even some liked both. Weird right. It’s almost like some people can like one trailer over another without any bias but nah it’s obvious anyone who likes the trailer is a Marvel troll and we shouldn’t be happy for the success of Shazam!.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ban1o said:

I honestly just thought the trailer for Shazam was better than the Aquaman trailer. 

This was definitely a more focused trailer.

As I said in then Aquaman thread, I liked the trailer a lot but I can see why people think it’s a very busy trailer and why they could of enjoyed this trailer more. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

The irony is the majority of people who liked the trailer don’t have a fandom they’re loyal even some liked both. 

Here it's always about a fandom. Of course on YT, where Aquaman has better likes-dislikes proportion than Shazam, it's not. But here, or another "special place" it always about fandom.

And again, and again I see one thing: one fandom love fun over than any other thing. Plot, acting, music, etc- don't care. Fun is the major component. :sparta:

p.s. Of course not everyone here who likes Shazam trailer more than Aqua trailer isn't a Marvel fan, or troll, or DC-hater. But, I'm here not the first day, not the first month, and we all know who is who. And when I see this type of reaction from exactly marvel-side users...  

I don't have any against fun, I've just  got another proof what we all know, but someone prefer not to talk about it.

p.p.s. No offense "Fun Universe" lovers.

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Disbelief 1