Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

I dont know what I was expecting from this movie but what I saw was not it. I really really liked the trailer and the movie looks really interesting. 

I liked the silliness. And its refreshing and relieving to see a fun and light dceu movie. Levi looks good in this and Asher Angel who plays teen Billy Batson also looks good. 

This also looks soo much better than Aquaman which looked meh to me. After seeing the trailers for both this has taken over Aquaman’s spot in my anticipation list. 

My only complaint is Levi’s costume/suit. It looks too fluffy and padded

12 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

But why though? Aquaman comes out months before and doesn't have a 2nd trailer in the pipeline first?

Aquaman is rumored to have its next trailer for New York Comic Con. Still, it is pretty odd to hear that they apparently have another trailer four this movie on the way already. 

2 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

Technically this would be the first trailer since the previous one was more of a “first look”. It wasn’t rated by the mpaa and didn’t play in theatres 

Yea was just thinking the same thing, the official trailer to be shown in theaters will have to be condensed somewhat considering its too long to be shown in theaters. 

What's weird is that there was already a condensed Shazam trailer. When I saw The Meg, I got the Comic-Con trailer minus the part where Levi does the Backpack Kid dance, and maybe one or two other things. Of course, if this is planning to play in front of Smallfoot or something, this is probably editing out the guy saying "the hell?"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

What's weird is that there was already a condensed Shazam trailer. When I saw The Meg, I got the Comic-Con trailer minus the part where Levi does the Backpack Kid dance, and maybe one or two other things. Of course, if this is planning to play in front of Smallfoot or something, this is probably editing out the guy saying "the hell?"

This, that's why I'm not sold on Sandberg's denial yet. Warner's already sent a shorter theatrical version of the SDCC trailer for MI: Fallout, they really rarely do another recut for domestic, especially months after the trailer actually dropped.

Also, Smallfoot? Nah...I feel people are being a bit weird trying to gauge the more family friendly vibe of this, like with Bumblebee - claiming it'll be PG rated as opposed to PG13 and so on. The existing shortened version should be okay to play with that film too.

Hopefully they are doing the traditional ,silly, Shazam/Captain Marvel,and not the messed up "52" version. Making Billy Batson a wisecracking obnoxious litte punk was a horrible move. And how Geoffrey Johns, who understood how important the opitimism and sunniness of Superman was  to that character thought it was a good idea to go dark with Shazam is beyond me. If you have a character who is a kid who becomes a superhero by saying a single word, and was given this power because his heart was pure, there is really no way you cand go dark and gritty with it and not have terrible results.

Few liked the "52" version, and I hope as a producer Johns learned his lesson and goes back to the Shazam/Billy Batson we all know and love.

Edited by dudalb