Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Hopefully they are doing the traditional ,silly, Shazam/Captain Marvel,and not the messed up "52" version. Making Billy Batson a wisecracking obnoxious litte punk was a horrible move. And how Geoffrey Johns, who understood how important the opitimism and sunniness of Superman was  to that character thought it was a good idea to go dark with Shazam is beyond me. If you have a character who is a kid who becomes a superhero by saying a single word, and was given this power because his heart was pure, there is really no way you cand go dark and gritty with it and not have terrible results.

Few liked the "52" version, and I hope as a producer Johns learned his lesson and goes back to the Shazam/Billy Batson we all know and love.

I haven’t read the New 52 Shazam comics, but wasn’t the idea for Billy to start off as an angsty brat, only to slowly more idealistic over time? 

Edited by WittyUsername

On 9/22/2018 at 3:24 AM, antovolk said:

This, that's why I'm not sold on Sandberg's denial yet. Warner's already sent a shorter theatrical version of the SDCC trailer for MI: Fallout, they really rarely do another recut for domestic, especially months after the trailer actually dropped.

Also, Smallfoot? Nah...I feel people are being a bit weird trying to gauge the more family friendly vibe of this, like with Bumblebee - claiming it'll be PG rated as opposed to PG13 and so on. The existing shortened version should be okay to play with that film too.

Well I just got out of Smallfoot and I got the Shazam trailer here. I think outside of a couple of subtle edits though, it's basically the same as the recut trailer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Well I just got out of Smallfoot and I got the Shazam trailer here. I think outside of a couple of subtle edits though, it's basically the same as the recut trailer.

How did the audience respond to the trailer?

4 hours ago, John Marston said:

did the trailer that released during Comic Con actually play in theaters? Because it hasn't then we haven't gotten a theatrical trailer for this yet

I saw the trailer before Fantastic Beasts last week.

On Twitter I saw a few people mention that they’ll be getting new footage from this on the weekend at ccxp. I hope it’s a new trailer and not just footage for the con, I loved the first trailer and can’t wait to see more. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cax16 said:

On Twitter I saw a few people mention that they’ll be getting new footage from this on the weekend at ccxp. I hope it’s a new trailer and not just footage for the con, I loved the first trailer and can’t wait to see more. 

I bet that this, Joker and even maybe Wonder Woman are all getting some exposure with CCXP this weekend. Hence why once more it'd be wise from Marvel Studios to wait to release their Avengers 4 trailer next Monday. Hell, it's not just wiser, it's just how they always roll. There will be a LOT of superhero stuff coming out in the upcoming days, but I don't see the Avengers 4 trailer coming out before that.