Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

13 minutes ago, Robertman2 Floats Too said:

The finale should be Shazam fighting Black Adam in WWE match if Cena got the role

That's clearly what Warner Bros. would love to have, either here or in a future film, if they're eyeing Cena at all...

0e1.gif

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Considering the amount of family movies Cena is doing this year (Daddy's Home 2 and Ferdinand) and that Shazam could be the DCEUs Spider-Man in terms of family appeal, Cena would be the perfect fit.

This movie has been in development for quite a while...perhaps Cena has been taking some of these roles to show Warner Bros. how good of a fit he'd be? 

• Like 2

Cena's the easy choice since he physically fits the part and he can play the "boy in a man's body" part well without going too over the top with it. Plus, it's a huge money making opportunity with Cena's fan base and marketing the movie toward younger kids. That being said, if they think his acting isn't up to par and can get someone better, then go for it.

• Like 1

I'm not writing him off as an actor, since I never saw him acting or even "fighting" to be honest. I just think people in the US seriously overestimate WWF people's popularity outside the US. We did saw good transitions like The Rock and Dave Bautista, but my point is that they should go with whoever is more convincing as Shazam / able to play the part in sync with the kid actor.