Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | Zachary Levi cast as Shazam. David F Sandberg directing | Certified Fresh on RT

35 minutes ago, AndyK said:

There is a distinct lack of controversy on this movie.

Someone should complain about the lack of diversity or female rep or something, just to spice things up.

Sandberg was very spot on casting this film.The cast is diverse,has female representation...idk...maybe the LGBT community could find something but how awesome would it be of one of the kids would come out in the sequel ?It has been described as coming of age after all.

39 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I thought for sure Andy Muschietti would be locked into doing a DC flick after the mega success of IT but nope. 

He's doing Attack on Titan for WB once IT 2 wraps post; he was meant to do Robotech for Sony, but I guess he chose to stay in-house 

38 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Someone should complain about the lack of diversity or female rep or something, just to spice things up.

This has the most diverse supporting cast I've seen for one of these superhero films

D1GiICgWkAAAm2H.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

The trailer will be play to millions upon millions of people around the globe this weekend so the time of the sm embargo lifting is great as many people will notice this.Maybe we are looking to a 200M grosser here which is fantastic given the 80m budget.

I saw no Shazam trailer when I saw Captain Marvel

• Sad 1

This is shaping up to become another massive success for the Zack Snyder-created DCEU franchise. Comic book movies are on fire. Captain Marvel and Endgame are sure to break records, Spider-kid 2 will probably be good too, and there's still Dark Phoenix and The Joker which are also very promising.

• Haha 1
  • Not Cool 2

10 hours ago, cax16 said:

I still don’t agree with the majority of you about the marketing.

Maybe the majority of comments, but it's just one guy really. :sparta:

10 hours ago, cax16 said:

I just think WB has changed their strategy for marketing now and this movie doesn’t have the same expectations as say Aquaman. 

Right that's the main thing: if Shazam really is significantly cheaper than Aquaman, Warner is not going to spend as much money in marketing (but still more than for the average movie).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TMP said:

He's doing Attack on Titan for WB once IT 2 wraps post; he was meant to do Robotech for Sony, but I guess he chose to stay in-house 

I think an Attack on Titan movie is a bad idea that I hope ultimately  doesn't happen.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think an Attack on Titan movie is a bad idea that I hope ultimately  doesn't happen.

Hope the effects are better. IT was rough.

what does Deadpool with heart even mean? First deadpool had tons of heart did they watch the same movie? anyway, stoked that DC is recovering, now ball is in Joker's park.

5 minutes ago, 2kt09 said:

Hope the effects are better. IT was rough.

It will be incredibly difficult to bring it to live action. It is one of my all time fave anime, but the live action is bound to fail.

4 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

It will be incredibly difficult to bring it to live action. It is one of my all time fave anime, but the live action is bound to fail.

Easiest recent modern anime/manga to adapt and won't get the SJW's in a tizzy over "muh appropriation"

The release date sucks so bad now. Just three weeks before EG eviscerates it. And by the end of just the second weekend, the whole world will be in the EG countdown mode.

2 minutes ago, 2kt09 said:

Easiest recent modern anime/manga to adapt and won't get the SJW's in a tizzy over "muh appropriation"

Easiest.....LOL. First of all it has to be R-Rated. Then the titans CGI is going to be such a pain in the ass, it will never be accepted by the fans or GA alike.

I'd like to see how they pull off naked giant human beings for the titans for a PG 13 movie. I assume they'll do it similar to that japanese live action AoT one?

Posted (edited)

Three weeks is sufficient to make 3/4s of the total dom.

5 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

Easiest.....LOL. First of all it has to be R-Rated. Then the titans CGI is going to be such a pain in the ass, it will never be accepted by the fans or GA alike.

I thought World War Z was rated R and...I'm still shook by what Venom got away with.

Edited by 2kt09

48 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Everybody was skeptical about Dikachu movie look at the people now

11 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Imagine if DC ends up releasing the better Captain Marvel movie?? :Venom:

Billy is the original Captain Marvel

• Like 1

BILLIE BATSON

I choose you

as CHAMPION

say may name and my power will be yours

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

BILLIE BATSON

I choose you