Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

12 minutes ago, Galactic Specter said:

Interested to hear more impressions of the movie in the coming days, it shouldn't be that long until reviews hit.

According to rumors the review embargo will be lifted on march 23. But who knows if they lift it even earlier. WB seems very confident that Shazam will receive great reviews and they want to use that to increase the buzz for the movie.

16 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

If this is a successful hybrid of BIG and the superhero genre, it could go places in the long run. I don't know about its immediate success, though. I'm gonna wait and see. I like what I see with the clips so far.

I think WB are pretty realistic with Shazam. What they want is great reviews and a solid box office run. They have bigger expectations for the sequel breaking out more. Just like Iron Man started pretty low and then burst out with his sequels. This movie is mostly about the public getting to know an unknown character and creating some expectations for the future movies, as well as doing pretty good at the box office. 

1 hour ago, LordNox said:

I think WB are pretty realistic with Shazam. What they want is great reviews and a solid box office run. They have bigger expectations for the sequel breaking out more. Just like Iron Man started pretty low and then burst out with his sequels. This movie is mostly about the public getting to know an unknown character and creating some expectations for the future movies, as well as doing pretty good at the box office. 

Iron Man broke out with his first film, though. I think you mean Captain America/Thor, who started with solid takes and increased over their trilogies.

23 minutes ago, Ithil said:

Iron Man broke out with his first film, though. I think you mean Captain America/Thor, who started with solid takes and increased over their trilogies.

It broke out in the way that it did well, but not huge numbers by any means. 

17 minutes ago, LordNox said:

It broke out in the way that it did well, but not huge numbers by any means. 

The only other cbm doing 300+ dom was Spider-Man.

The only other cbm doing 500+ ww besides Spider-Man, unadjusted, is...MIB.

Edited by 2kt09

Yeah,  Iron Man did very well.   Hulk,  Cap and Thor did decent but not great.  Iron Man had a fantastic lead with Downey Jr.  Shazam! has seemingly a very entertaining lead with this..   I don't see it doing over $300M but it should do well enough for a sequel. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LordNox said:

Iron Man and TDK in 2008 redefined the Comic Book Genre bro lol 

25 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Imagine if this grossed a billion dollars WW. :Venom:

Well, uncalled box office surprises can happen out of nowhere.

Like Aquaman hitting over $1.1B WW & Bohemian Rhapsody nearing $900M+. Those happened.

To be conservative & safe...Shazam can gross over $600M+ WW if it connects to an audience.