Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

Just now, Premium George said:

I saw cory barlog crying when he saw God of War reviews. You give 1-4 years of your life to make a product, good reviews must be very relieving. And this is his first big budget movie.

Dude was making short films on youtube/vimeo and for film festivals when Man of Steel was coming out. His career trajectory is so awesome

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Dude was making short films on youtube/vimeo and for film festivals when Man of Steel was coming out. His career trajectory is so awesome

I talked to him on reddit box office, in a thread with 10 comments. It was about lights out, I think. I asked him about Annabelle.

"Going great so far. Just did some additional photography but as opposed to Lights Out where test audiences dictated what to shoot/change (more backstory, lose the end) they didn't have any issues with Annabelle so I could decide what I wanted to fix and improve."

His comment. Maybe he is here too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Daenys said:

Grace needs to realize that whether it's on April 5 or March 23, WB is gonna get the money regardless and it will be added to the total for the film.

Also, the word of mouth is going to be worth so much more if it hits like it seems it will. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Daenys said:

Showing her expertise again and why she is paid the big bucks to be head of distribution for a major studio... 

Fuck's sake. This was never gonna open to CM numbers, so sacrificing 2-3 million off the OW is more than worth it to build buzz (potentially taking 50's tracking into high 60's). Hell, if its as good as it seems, chances are a lot of the people attending early access screenings will return on OW. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

Grace needs to realize that whether it's on April 5 or March 23, WB is gonna get the money regardless and it will be added to the total for the film. 

Not sure why people keep quoting Randolph's tweets just to complain about them... Saying that early access decreases OW is rather uncontroversial.

However, if you wanted to nitpick something "stupid", it would be this one:

As far as I remember Aquaman had more hype and more added showings than Shazam. $3M is the ceiling for Shazam's early previews.

What the hell is she talking about? Aquaman had a ton of early screenings that helped to generate interest. It's one of the reasons for a great opening weekend and excellent legs. If there is demand, fill it. Shazam has had very limited marketing in comparison to Aquaman. Im all for it and hope it pushes OW to 70+.

All this talk about Grace Randolph being dumb (what else is new) and here I am thinking it’s pretty dumb how the Thursday “preview” screenings for this movie start at 4:00. You might as well just admit that the movie is a Thursday release if that’s the case. 

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

All this talk about Grace Randolph being dumb (what else is new) and here I am thinking it’s pretty dumb how the Thursday “preview” screenings for this movie start at 4:00. You might as well just admit that the movie is a Thursday release if that’s the case. 

Movies are gonna start having Thursday morning previews to the previews