Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

Just now, fabiopazzo2 said:

Man of steel after 5 years still the best film of this universe... the real problem is WB not Zack Snyder

Lmfao. You're entitled to your personal opinion on the film, but it's factual that Snyder's direction of this franchise was not well received by the GA and almost sunk it. Again, just look at the reception of all the movies he had a major hand in vs Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and now apparently this. 

• Like 4

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Lmfao. You're entitled to your personal opinion on the film, but it's factual that Snyder's direction of this franchise was not well received by the GA and almost sunk it. Again, just look at the reception of all the movies he had a major hand in vs Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and now apparently this. 

What is the big difference between BvS / JL and Aquaman / Wonder Woman?
In two films we had 345 characters to present, in others a story of origin without external problems. After 3 years I'm really surprised that people don't understand that the big problem was Warner

• ...wtf 2

I also want to point out that this is what happens when a studio actually explores the plethora of characters that it has at its disposal. Not trying to turn this thread into something else BUT it's refreshing to see characters we haven't seen before hit the big screen besides the same ole same ole ie another Batman or Superman movie from DC. DC has so many amazing characters that they can tap into and it seems like that's what they're doing. I feel like exciting times are ahead for the DCEU and I cannot wait to see what else they do. 

And yes none of this would have happened with Snyder at the helm. And no I don't think we need another JL anytime soon. I'd rather WB/DC focus on other characters for now and let them come to light before making another ensemble film. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

#NotSureIfSerious

6tB1.gif

Funny enough that's what the one negative review spotlighted.

Spoiler

Many fans would like to forget Man of Steel, but curiously Shazam! alludes to it frequently, right up to the final scene — with a closing shot so bizarre that it somehow encapsulates the current state of this franchise in the saddest way possible.

11 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

What is the big difference between BvS / JL and Aquaman / Wonder Woman?
In two films we had 345 characters to present, in others a story of origin without external problems. After 3 years I'm really surprised that people don't understand that the big problem was Warner

Aquaman had fantastic visual effects and was fun. Wonder Woman had an actual story intertwined with a love story that had grabbed folks in. BvS was two different movies edited together in a CGI mess that was BORING. And Justice League didn't know what the hell it wanted to be. 

If you cannot see the quality difference between Aqauman/Wonder Woman vs BvS/JL then I don't know what to tell you. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

Aquaman had fantastic visual effects and was fun. Wonder Woman had an actual story intertwined with a love story that had folks entered. BvS was two different movies edited together in a CGI mess that was BORING. And Justice League didn't know what the hell it wanted to be. 

If you cannot see the quality difference between Aqauman/Wonder Woman vs BvS/JL then I don't know what to tell you. 

🤔

Um ... I'm talking about Zack snyder, I didn't mention the quality of Wondy or Aquaman.

Zack was not the main problem, but Warner Bros who wanted to reach Marvel in 2 films.

Edited by fabiopazzo2

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

I also want to point out that this is what happens when a studio actually explores the plethora of characters that it has at its disposal. Not trying to turn this thread into something else BUT it's refreshing to see characters we haven't seen before hit the big screen besides the same ole same ole ie another Batman or Superman movie from DC. DC has so many amazing characters that they can tap into and it seems like that's what they're doing. I feel like exciting times are ahead for the DCEU and I cannot wait to see what else they do. 

And yes none of this would have happened with Snyder at the helm. And no I don't think we need another JL anytime soon. I'd rather WB/DC focus on other characters for now and let them come to light before making another ensemble film. 

Absolutely, and I want to say that I totally commend the MCU for their commitment to these narratives. They certainly got the ball rolling in terns of proving that a superhero doesn't have to be what we all call "iconic" to be at the center of vibrant, solidly crafted, and massively successful films. Heck, not many people knew who Iron Man was before he became the face of the biggest film franchise to emerge in recent years. I am glad that the DCEU seems to have learned that lesson, and is now also working towards shining a spotlight on heroes not called Superman or Batman.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

🤔

Um ... I'm talking about Zack snyder, I didn't mention the quality of Wondy or Aquaman.

Zack was not the main problem, but Warner Bros who wanted to reach Marvel.

Yes and those two movies that Zach Snyder happened to direct were a big giant mess whereas the movies that he did not direct were fine. I do think WB rushed to try to get what Disney had without doing the work BUT you also have to understand that WB gave the DCEU to Snyder who decided to do that. WB's mistake was handing over the DCEU to Snyder and thinking he was gonna be the Feige of their studio. Which is why the moment Snyder is no longer directly involved in decisions regarding the franchise, suddenly the quality of films have started to go up. It's not a coincidence. 

Edited by Nova

7 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Absolutely, and I want to say that I totally commend the MCU for their commitment to these narratives. They certainly got the ball rolling in terns of proving that a superhero doesn't have to be what we all call "iconic" to be at the center of vibrant, solidly crafted, and massively successful films. Heck, not many people knew who Iron Man was before he became the face of the biggest film franchise to emerge in recent years. I am glad that the DCEU seems to have learned that lesson, and is now also working towards shining a spotlight on heroes not called Superman or Batman.

I agree with your general point but nit that not many people knew who Iron Man was. I think he was one of the top Marvel heroes and involved in a lot of their major storylines throughout their media before the movie. There was a significant amount of awareness aming key parts of the target demographic imo. 

Edit: It's more impressive what they did with someone like Ant Man once they'd already used some of their well known heroes. Which is basically what WB are doing with Shazam now I guess. 

Edited by RaidensSword
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yes and those two movies that Zach Snyder happened to direct were a big giant mess whereas the movies that he did not direct were fine. I do think WB rushed to try to get what Disney had without doing the work BUT you also have to understand that WB gave the DCEU to Snyder who decided to do that. WB's mistake was handing over the DCEU to Snyder and thinking he was gonna be the Feige of their studio. Which is why the moment Snyder is no longer directly involved in decisions regarding the franchise, suddenly the quality of films have started to go up. It's not a coincidence. 

You're agreeing with me.

a great Studio does not give the DC universe to Zack Snyder

And yes BvS and JL was a mess like Suicide Squad