Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

1 minute ago, PenguinHyphy said:

You are right. It came in at $102,000,000 in estimates, way below the $150,000,000 that Deadline projected a few days ago. It really is such an over performer. 

Ummm, that's another error...'

"A lack of familiarity with the character abroad is not expected to have a major impact. Sources are seeing the international opening in the $100M range with some more aggressive figures up as high as $120M. All in a global blast-off between $145M-$170M."

https://deadline.com/2019/04/shazam-pet-sematary-weekend-box-office-opening-1202588955/

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, PenguinHyphy said:

You are right. It came in at $102,000,000 in estimates, way below the $150,000,000 that Deadline projected a few days ago. It really is such an over performer. 

To be fair, Deadline estimated the OS to be $100M to $120M. That $102M is within their range, although on the lower side.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

28 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

One is overseas and the other is the global total, so try not to push any fake news. 

20 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It is funny how I am warned for "flame wars" while you go bringing up posts from a day ago. No, the $150,000,000 is the overseas estimate if that is what you are trying to suggest. I have already recognized that it came in below estimates and just hit $100,000,000 overseas, so why are you pressing the same issue?   

• Knock It Off 1

32 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

I don’t want to be mean, but are you dumb? No one ever predicted 150M overseas. It was always 150M global opening

31 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Ummm, that's another error...'

"A lack of familiarity with the character abroad is not expected to have a major impact. Sources are seeing the international opening in the $100M range with some more aggressive figures up as high as $120M. All in a global blast-off between $145M-$170M."

https://deadline.com/2019/04/shazam-pet-sematary-weekend-box-office-opening-1202588955/

At least someone has common sense

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

It is funny how I am warned for "flame wars" while you go bringing up posts from a day ago. No, the $150,000,000 is the overseas estimate if that is what you are trying to suggest. I have already recognized that it came in below estimates and just hit $100,000,000 overseas, so why are you pressing the same issue?   

Estimate of who ?, deadline had Thursday:

A lack of familiarity with the character abroad is not expected to have a major impact. Sources are seeing the international opening in the $100M range with some more aggressive figures up as high as $120M. All in a global blast-off between $145M-$170M

A day ago isn't an old post, come-on now you seem unhinged.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looking at the numbers objectively (if you don't compare them only to other superhero movies), making almost 2x its budget on OW worldwide is of course great - with a good domestic share. A sequel would be a no-brainer if it wasn't a DC movie; I guess the only argument against one is that Warner already has a lot of DC projects and might want to spend that $90M+ on another character instead, to see if they can get another Aquaman.

Still, I think a Shazam 2 is likely to happen; we will know soon enough.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Looking at the numbers objectively (if you don't compare them only to other superhero movies), making almost 2x its budget on OW worldwide is of course great - with a good domestic share. A sequel would be a no-brainer if it wasn't a DC movie; I guess the only argument against one is that Warner already has a lot of DC projects and might want to spend that $90M+ on another character instead, to see if they can get another Aquaman.

Still, I think a Shazam 2 is likely to happen; we will know soon enough.

I think critical and audience reception domestically has been to good not to give this another try but as you said we’ll know soon enough cause they’ll have to act fact if they want to make a few more of these. 

• Like 1

It's all about gauging how the audience like the movie or not. Seeing the "buzz" after the theatrical release is over. If they feel a Shazam 2 makes sense they will do it. A shazam black adam movie with the Rock feels like a no brainer to me though. Or a Black Adam solo then a Shazam/Black Adam as the 2nd movie for both of them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Essem said:

It's all about gauging how the audience like the movie or not. Seeing the "buzz" after the theatrical release is over. If they feel a Shazam 2 makes sense they will do it. A shazam black adam movie with the Rock feels like a no brainer to me though. Or a Black Adam solo then a Shazam/Black Adam as the 2nd movie for both of them.

If they’re gonna do that I think they need to film black Adam and then Shazam 2 both next year.