Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

4 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

I'd have to say I didn't expect anything from this at all, but it has me sold. I think it looks great and a lot of fun. It's a shame that it's literally sandwiched between 2 MCU films. It'll never survive at the box office there. I say move it to December and delay Aquaman to 2019. This looks so much better

This is definitely more of a December film but I don't see WB moving. Too many things to rearrange at this point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

This is definitely more of a December film but I don't see WB moving. Too many things to rearrange at this point.

I don't see them shuffling either (although there were quite a few movies that shuffled earlier this year, so I guess you never know). But I just feel bad because placing it in April next year just seems like suicide. Captain Marvel releasing a month earlier (with international women's day undoubtedly helping the film in it's favor) and shortly after, Avengers 4 aka the direct sequel to the film that just broke the OW record, had 2B+ WW, and pretty damn good WOM. Just seems like a bad idea to release Shazam right there.

When they said this was "Big with super powers!" I thought it was gonna be another case of "It's a John Hughes film with super powers!" from Homecoming; but this does look a lot like Big with super powers.

I'm hoping for a breakout, but even if it doesn't connect that big it looks really, really good imo.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

I don't see them shuffling either (although there were quite a few movies that shuffled earlier this year, so I guess you never know). But I just feel bad because placing it in April next year just seems like suicide. Captain Marvel releasing a month earlier (with international women's day undoubtedly helping the film in it's favor) and shortly after, Avengers 4 aka the direct sequel to the film that just broke the OW record, had 2B+ WW, and pretty damn good WOM. Just seems like a bad idea to release Shazam right there.

It will do fine. Budget is probably the lowest out of all DC films.

8 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

The irony is the majority of people who liked the trailer don’t have a fandom they’re loyal even some liked both. Weird right. It’s almost like some people can like one trailer over another without any bias but nah it’s obvious anyone who likes the trailer is a Marvel troll and we shouldn’t be happy for the success of Shazam!.

To be a strict fan of one corporation and a strict naysayer of another corporation is among the reasons why this country is shit. Not one single person in any of these threads is seeing a red cent from any of these properties. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Alli said:

It's weird that people like these corny jokes in CBM, yet comedies are not making much at the BO these days

From one perspective, this asks a question. From another, it answers it.

I though this looked great. It does look like a 90s movie, but thats a good thing, it breaks the cycle of the endless 'Dreamworks Smirk' as an entire movie that we have to endure these days (looking at you Marvel).

Edited by GirafficPark

3 hours ago, AndyK said:

That trailer looked fantastic and anybody that thinks this isn't going to break out hasn't got their head screwed on.

I think they expect Captain Marvel to have legs and relevance of BP and therefore hurt Shazam cause crossover audience. 

I hope both this and Aquaman will do great.Commercially and critically.

But the more i think about the more i wonder if Aquaman being so busy and in going for the epic LOTR vibe they will fail to reachthe potential the movie has.Hope not.I think Shazam being so simple and fresh could  make it do well.I would love for it to break out.Imagine it doing better than Man of Steel etc.(apparently back in the day Captain Marvel comics sold better than even Superman

).

10 hours ago, Pandamia! said:

Idk, this looks equally as bad as Aquaman.  Seems like they wanted to go with a PG-13 anti-hero type of thing.  Idk what this covers that something like Ant-Man, SMH or Deadpool hasn’t already done.

Anti hero?? 

This character is a child. 

Lol it’s totaly different from those films. 

Ant-Man and Deadpool are the strangest comparisons. 

15 minutes ago, jking123 said:

going for the epic LOTR vibe

I'm digging the shit out of underwater LOTR vibe cause I miss LOTR with all my heart and wish we had more epics like that (Hobbit wasn't it cause it was disposable and unnecessary). Therefore I want Aquaman to do really well to encourage epic fantasy.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1