Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

I'm digging the shit out of underwater LOTR vibe cause I miss LOTR with all my heart and wish we had more epics like that (Hobbit wasn't it cause it was disposable and unnecessary). Therefore I want Aquaman to do really well to encourage epic fantasy.

I really liked the trailer tbh.Those Atlantis hots and that flare scene were especially amazing.

But i just hope the movie is not going to get bashed for trying to do to much and fumbling at it.But i will trust in Wan .

48 minutes ago, jking123 said:

I really liked the trailer tbh.Those Atlantis hots and that flare scene were especially amazing.

But i just hope the movie is not going to get bashed for trying to do to much and fumbling at it.But i will trust in Wan .

Wan's critical score as the director for his last 4-5 movies is good. He's not one of directors that critics are sharpening their knives for as soon as the project is announced (Snyder, Perry, etc). So fingers crossed.

The trailer views are decent. One trailer has 5.2 million views Teh other has 6.2 million The Main Aquaman trailer has 10 million views so it seems about equal 

Edited by ban1o
  • Thanks 1

Is it just me or does anyone love the cheesy visual aesthetic for this one. Makes it look and feel like a 90s film and honestly for this movie it has a charm to it. It’ll definitely look better in 2019 but I really like the visuals.

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Is it just me or does anyone love the cheesy visual aesthetic for this one. Makes it look and feel like a 90s film and honestly for this movie it has a charm to it. It’ll definitely look better in 2019 but I really like the visuals.

I think we'll need to see a second trailer but I think the visuals suit the film. I like how it's more about having fun with superpowers than saving the world even though we know that's going to happen with the arrival of Dr Sivana. 

I think Jack Dylan Glazer could be the breakout as Freddy but Asher Angel seems well suited as Billy Batson, I like that they've gone with the New 52 approach where he's more of a rebel but still has a good heart, the goody two shoes version we had before wouldn't work as well.

• Like 1

I wanna make a club. Shazam over Aquaman domestic, but I don’t know if it’s going to be allowed. 

The more and more I watch the Shazam trailer, the more I think it’s going to do huge numbers. It reminds me of when the first Deadpool trailer dropped and it was so different/got folks talking about because of its uniqueness. Obviously they’re both different in different ways but you guys get the gist :P

Id say Shazam over Aquaman WW but tbh Aquaman having big CGI effects will get it a massive gross in China that imo Shazam won’t make up but I’m really thinking it could outgross it stateside :ph34r:

• Like 2

Just now, Nova said:

I wanna make a club. Shazam over Aquaman domestic, but I don’t know if it’s going to be allowed. 

The more and more I watch the Shazam trailer, the more I think it’s going to do huge numbers. It reminds me of when the first Deadpool trailer dropped and it was so different/got folks talking about because of its uniqueness. Obviously they’re both different in different ways but you guys get the gist :P

Id say Shazam over Aquaman WW but tbh Aquaman having big CGI effects will get it a massive gross in China that imo Shazam won’t make up but I’m really thinking it could outgross it stateside :ph34r:

Shazam DOM over 2x Aquaman would be a fun club :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I’ve been wanting to make that club since a while but I’d ask a mod first.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Shazam DOM over 2x Aquaman would be a fun club :ph34r:

It could come close :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’ve been wanting to make that club since a while but I’d ask a mod first.

Last week, I would have laughed at this idea but after yesterday, I can see it happening. 

@aabattery and @grim22 would a club like this be okay? 

• Like 1

That trailer isn't a trailer for Shazam though, its too long. The trailer they will put out and attach to movies will be much shorter than that I believe. The Aquaman trailer looks obviously condensed to attach to movies in cinema due to its fast pace. 

44 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Not sure the tone and the humor will translate well OS.

Yeh it could play like an American comedy overseas (not very well).

But I wonder if they’ll change the advertising and play more on the action closer to release. 

13 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh it could play like an American comedy overseas (not very well).

But I wonder if they’ll change the advertising and play more on the action closer to release. 

I think the second trailer will be more action based.

2 hours ago, ban1o said:

The trailer views are decent. One trailer has 5.2 million views Teh other has 6.2 million The Main Aquaman trailer has 10 million views so it seems about equal 

It is weird that another channel "stole" so many views from the official Shazam trailer - and that neither of them appears on Trending.

Guess we will have to wait for a blogger to add up all the views from the Comic-Con trailer on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook... to really see how all of them have done.