Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

I'm fine with Superman being on the bench for a bit after how the last 6 years have gone. Character needs a break. They can always use the Supergirl movie as a backdoor to introduce the new Superman/Clark Kent. If that movie's successful, they can just use the blueprint of that movie and apply it to Superman.

Or just get get Patty Jenkins to do a Superman move since Wonder Woman was the best Superman movie since Superman 2 (she won't do it but I can dream).

• Like 1

MoS was the most successful Superman movie since 1981, and certainly more so than the non-"gritty" Superman Returns.

In general Warner/DC has never been more successful with their non-Batman/Superman movies, and that wasn't for lack of trying before the DCEU often with big budgets (Green Lantern, Catwoman, Constantine...). So they should definitely continue to try new ones.

It could also be more profitable for them in the long run. Imagine an Aquaman, WW or Shazam AAA video game?! It is possible now, instead of the 148th one with Batman.

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Affleck has constantly been praised. What some people had problems with is this version of Batman. 

I think Affleck in BvS was praised - despite the direction they took with the character - but JL was a joke, both in terms of the character AND portrayal. And there's just too much baggage around him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

I think Affleck in BvS was praised - despite the direction they took with the character - but JL was a joke, both in terms of the character AND portrayal. And there's just too much baggage around him. 

Affleck's Batman certainly factored into Skwad curiousity. He didn't do much of note in that movie, so there'd be less contributing interest for that character heading into JL. JL's marketing and the movie itself killed JL.

9 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Yes because they kept trying to make him dark and gritty for some reason. And this is coming from someone who liked Man of Steel. The fact is Man of Steel was the wrong movie to make. Yes, I'm Monday Morning Quarterbacking this bitch. But even during Man of Steel's development I thought going a darker route could be very risky but I trusted the filmmakers after seeing the trailers and the like. I still like the film but much less so these days. I wish that we had gotten an action packed Superman that was actually fun and uplifting and not so mopey. That's water under the bridge now I guess. I'll have to suffer through WB blaming the character again and not the stupid decision to turn him into a somber mute like in Superman Returns and Man of Steel after that. Maybe Shazam will ironically be what Superman should have been on the big screen. 

You keep saying that and no. Batman & robin had humor and it flopped. The dark knight and TDKR were dark and gritty and they were monster hits.

The thing is, superman is not that appealing

I'm thinking Superman might end up like The Hulk in the MCU, only appears in team up movies and not get any solos. The thing at least with the hulk there's an excuse for him not being around to have his own solo adventure given the character could be anywhere in the world with the hulk having a mind of his own but with Supes he is bound to his own city and environment so don't know how they will explain away him not having his own solo movie. 

The Snyder Superman films under-performed because he's not a very good film-maker. All they need to do is hire someone like Phil Lord to work on a Superman film, and at the very least audiences will like Superman again. Still confused why WB would put Superman on ice but still has 3 more Fant4stic Beasts films in development with the exact same creative crew

I AM TIRED OF THIS FUCKING SHIT.

CAN WE ALL FUCKING DROP THE TALK ABOUT EVERYTHING NOT SHAZAM???

WHY YOU BITCHES ACTING BRAND NEW???

DROP THE BATMAN AND SUPERMAN TALK.

LOVE ME SO HENRY CAVILL, BUT HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS.

LOVE ME SO BATMAN, BUT HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS.

LEAVE ZACK SNYDER OUTTA THIS.

LOVE ME SOME ZACK. BUT HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS.

FUCKING MODS, BAN THESE HOES.

BiXPdnB.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

BiXPdnB.gif

i agree. let's talk about how hot levy looks from the neck down

Imagen relacionada

19 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

BiXPdnB.gif

Wasn't there a rumor regarding the trailer recently that is at odds with a particular part of this?