Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Predicting specific RT scores sounds so weird. Predicting box office makes a lot more sense, at the very least.

Yeah kinda weird. I'm only going after what the test screenings seems to imply and the RT score Aquaman got.

For Shazam a good RT score will probably be important for it to overperform at the BO as well.

3 minutes ago, LordNox said:

Yeah kinda weird. I'm only going after what the test screenings seems to imply and the RT score Aquaman got.

For Shazam a good RT score will probably be important for it to overperform at the BO as well.

Cinemascore is more important

4 minutes ago, LordNox said:

remember JUSTICE LEAGUE test screening is very good and positive....u see what happen right?...lol

Well, for those who are aware about scoops, it seems that was rumored

Spoiler

is there in the test screening, ie Superman but apparently we don't see his face. Mario F.Robles (who's been pretty reliable and keeps things pretty close to the chest, never promising anything) said he doesn't know if it will survive in the finished film but hopes that it does. I hope Henry and WB find a way and we can see Henry's face.

is happening

8 minutes ago, boyamama said:

remember JUSTICE LEAGUE test screening is very good and positive....u see what happen right?...lol

If we're going down this route, if Shazam does end up rotten on RT despite early praise and it's box office suffers for it, unlike JL it only cost 90M so it should make a decent profit regardless. JL budget was over 300M. So one can say it's :locked2: to be successful with that budget. 

Just now, DMan7 said:

If we're going down this route, if Shazam does end up rotten on RT despite early praise and it's box office suffers for it, unlike JL it only cost 90M so it should make a decent profit regardless. JL budget was over 300M. So one can say it's :locked2: to be successful with that budget. 

obviously antman income is enough huge profit for DC....

25 minutes ago, LordNox said:

Yeah, but predicting an RT score is strange because critics are meant to be, and often are, very idiosyncratic in their tastes. I think after like 30 or 40 reviews you can kind of have an idea of where it's heading, but not this far out, and especially not after just test screenings.

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Yeah, but predicting an RT score is strange because critics are meant to be, and often are, very idiosyncratic in their tastes. I think after like 30 or 40 reviews you can kind of have an idea of where it's heading, but not this far out, and especially not after just test screenings.

Yeah its only speculation by now. One thing though is that Shazam for better or worse seems like very much an MCU style movie when it comes to tone and all MCU movies have got good reviews. 

21 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Well, for those who are aware about scoops, it seems that was rumored

Reveal hidden contents

is happening

Ah.. is this what y'all were talking about for pages...?

that was on reddit for around 1 or 2 week by now

I asked for the PM because I'm not invested in the plot of Shazam or where it could be going (still looking forward to seeing it). If the full script was out there I'd probably read that too. It's not that I'm so excited to see it that I just can't wait to find out, it's quite the opposite lol.

12 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I asked for the PM because I'm not invested in the plot of Shazam or where it could be going (still looking forward to seeing it). If the full script was out there I'd probably read that too. It's not that I'm so excited to see it that I just can't wait to find out, it's quite the opposite lol.

But that is even worse.

Just now, MrGlass2 said:

But that is even worse.

Sure, I don't care lmao. Knowing it doesn't change my view on the movie any more than not knowing. With the option of knowing, I just thought "why not?", doesn't harm anybody, I won't exactly go around telling people, and it doesn't change anything for me. I'll still see it opening weekend ready for another strong David F. Sandberg movie.