Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

I think the trailers screwed up by not showing any story line or emotional hook other than the adult Shazam doing funny action and talking funny. And there have been no references to Shazam in other DC superhero movies.  Too little marketing also contributed to low awareness.

• ...wtf 1

39 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Scott fucking Mendelson too? Jesus fuck...

Ugh reporters and "analysts" just fuel the stupid wars between marvel and DC fans. So ridiculous.

Btw at first I thought this looked kinda corny but it grew on me and then the new trailer sold me so I am dedinitely seeing this on opening night.

This movie is so good. I can’t wait to see this again at the early access screening and then again opening weekend.  Also I know WB is apparently de-emphasizing the shared universe aspect but I can’t wait to see Shazam share the screen in a full movie with other heroes. Freddy/Darla need to be DCEU regulars as well.

Edited by Bane Cook
  • Like 6

It's hilarious how much they're low balling this. This is absolutely going beyond 70 M + OW, no doubt, wouldn't be surprised if it blows up past 90 once more people see it in the coming weeks, reviews come out, the buzz is at its highest level and people love it. WOM is going to be insane on this. 

Edited by TimmyRiggins
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

It's hilarious how much they're low balling this. This is absolutely going beyond 70 M + OW, no doubt, wouldn't be surprised if it blows up past 90 once more people see it in the coming weeks, reviews come out, the buzz is at its highest level and people love it. WOM is going to be insane on this. 

$100m OW no probs.

• Like 2

Tracking means shit for superhero films.

Watch as this opens close to or above 100 million. The last few times a would-be superhero franchise-starter with unproven cinematic commodities at its center opened with glowing pre-release raves and sky-high buzz about its quality we got Iron Man (98 million OW), Guardians of the Galaxy (94 million OW) and Wonder Woman (103 million).

Shazam is going to kill it.

38 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Tracking means shit for superhero films.

Watch as this opens close to or above 100 million. The last few times a would-be superhero franchise-starter with unproven cinematic commodities at its center opened with glowing pre-release raves and sky-high buzz about its quality we got Iron Man (98 million OW), Guardians of the Galaxy (94 million OW) and Wonder Woman (103 million).

Shazam is going to kill it.

Say what you will, but tracking is rarely off by 50-60% on superhero movies... You make it sound like a common occurrence. And I think we all expect final tracking to be in the high 50's-low 60's. So, let's see where we are once reviews drop and if tracking is still under 50, I will actually be quite worried, as I don't think we'll see as big a miss on tracking as you are mentioning here...