Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

31 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Say what you will, but tracking is rarely off by 50-60% on superhero movies... You make it sound like a common occurrence. And I think we all expect final tracking to be in the high 50's-low 60's. So, let's see where we are once reviews drop and if tracking is still under 50, I will actually be quite worried, as I don't think we'll see as big a miss on tracking as you are mentioning here...

Wonder woman was tracking at 65.

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2019 at 6:04 PM, Ithil said:

Iron Man broke out with his first film, though. I think you mean Captain America/Thor, who started with solid takes and increased over their trilogies.

If they could get The Rock to be Black Adam in one of the sequels, then cha-ching$$$. I really hope Shazam will shatter that $40-$45 million figure.

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

Wonder woman was tracking at 65.

That's why I said rarely. And that is still a very extreme example - but for Shazam to open above 100 off mid-40 tracking, then said tracking would need to be off by 120%. That's...unlikely. 

17 minutes ago, HenryK81 said:

If they could get The Rock to be Black Adam in one of the sequels, then cha-ching$$$. I really hope Shazam will shatter that $40-$45 million figure.

Will the Rock play a villain though?

He wants to be loved.

13 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Remember when Wonder Woman was tracking at 65 million? Remember when Jurassic World was tracking at 140-150 million? Remember when Black Panther was tracking at 135-145 million? 

Jurassic World was never tracking at 140 million.