MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Neo

Shazam | April 5, 2019 | Zachary Levi cast as Shazam. David F Sandberg directing | Social media reactions coming in

I'd be disappointed with an OW under $50 mil. Anywhere between $50-60 mil is fine. Over $60 mil is pretty good. Close to $75+ mil? That's great! Breakout!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Say what you will, but tracking is rarely off by 50-60% on superhero movies... You make it sound like a common occurrence. And I think we all expect final tracking to be in the high 50's-low 60's. So, let's see where we are once reviews drop and if tracking is still under 50, I will actually be quite worried, as I don't think we'll see as big a miss on tracking as you are mentioning here...

Wonder woman was tracking at 65.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Galactic Specter said:

Damn that lack of marketing.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

26 minutes ago, Galactic Specter said:

It's so fucking cool how this dude was making short films on Youtube/Vimeo in 2013, and now his newest film is covering Times Square.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, TMP said:

It's so fucking cool how this dude was making short films on Youtube/Vimeo in 2013, and now his newest film is covering Times Square.

C'est la vie!

I think Warners will go full blast on the marketing now. They wanted the Captain Marvel hype to calm down.

19 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think Warners will go full blast on the marketing now. They wanted the Captain Marvel hype to calm down.

Unfortunately the Endgame hype came along.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 6:04 PM, Ithil said:

Iron Man broke out with his first film, though. I think you mean Captain America/Thor, who started with solid takes and increased over their trilogies.

If they could get The Rock to be Black Adam in one of the sequels, then cha-ching$$$. I really hope Shazam will shatter that $40-$45 million figure.

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

Wonder woman was tracking at 65.

That's why I said rarely. And that is still a very extreme example - but for Shazam to open above 100 off mid-40 tracking, then said tracking would need to be off by 120%. That's...unlikely. 

17 minutes ago, HenryK81 said:

If they could get The Rock to be Black Adam in one of the sequels, then cha-ching$$$. I really hope Shazam will shatter that $40-$45 million figure.

Will the Rock play a villain though?

He wants to be loved.

There should be enough people who are seeing End Game that can afford to see Shazam a couple weeks prior. Even go on a Tuesday. 

Remember when Wonder Woman was tracking at 65 million? Remember when Jurassic World was tracking at 140-150 million? Remember when Black Panther was tracking at 135-145 million? 

Edited by LouisianaArkansasGeorgia
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

Will the Rock play a villain though?

He wants to be loved.

Probably not. Black Adam is more of an antihero now so not being a villain works

I love how many of the social media reactions comment on it being scary! I’m so interested to see what they mean. 

As for opening, I think it can open over $50m. 

• Like 1

Shazam 2 is going to be a huge hit, thats big take away. Get that bitch around Christmas time 2021. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Remember when Wonder Woman was tracking at 65 million? Remember when Jurassic World was tracking at 140-150 million? Remember when Black Panther was tracking at 135-145 million? 

Jurassic World was never tracking at 140 million.