Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

People have explained to me the appeal but, I can’t muster excitement cause I dunno.  But I hope they smash it out of the park.  I just hope it’s a movie about a kid who turns into a superhero, and not a...kids movie.  There’s a distinction.  And I don’t mean I want some grimdark stuff.

Edited by kowhite

8 hours ago, kowhite said:

People have explained to me the appeal but, I can’t muster excitement cause I dunno.  But I hope they smash it out of the park.  I just hope it’s a movie about a kid who turns into a superhero, and not a...kids movie.  There’s a distinction.  And I don’t mean I want some grimdark stuff.

7 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I have no idea what this super guy is about so I guess I ll be surprised.

Pleasantly hopefully.

Also, Go Sweden !

Edited by DMan7
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Well Warner has finally managed to start filming the next DC movie.

It looks like a relatively short production schedule (unless it moves), maybe because the budget is lower.

How short and isnt there rumors going around both Cavill and The Rock is gonna be in this too ?

I may be wrong, but a superhero movie primarily for kids and teenagers sounds too niche. It reminds me of Spy Kids, a major success with $112M DOM ($175M adjusted) but mainly because it was cheap.

Then again judging by the cast, Shazam may be the cheapest DC movie in years so it might be just fine in the end.

7 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

I may be wrong, but a superhero movie primarily for kids and teenagers sounds too niche. It reminds me of Spy Kids, a major success with $112M DOM ($175M adjusted) but mainly because it was cheap.

Then again judging by the cast, Shazam may be the cheapest DC movie in years so it might be just fine in the end.

I wouldn’t worry to be honest, if it’s a well made movie it will make the money it needs to. Shazam is great for kids/teenagers/adults and families in general so there is lots of potential if done well. 

• Like 1