Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

People trying to come for this suit but also making excuses for that horrific Captain Marvel costume 

:hahaha:

Yet we know she’ll don another suit (the actual captain marvel suit) and it seems like he’s stuck looking like turboman the entire movie.

• ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

People trying to come for this suit but also making excuses for that horrific Captain Marvel costume 

:hahaha:

Probably human nature to align with whomever or whatever is considered cool or popular or whatnot. That's why so many people think the MCU can't do no wrong (herd mentality + brand loyalty + the fact that the MCU actually has a great track record). I think that what we have seen so far of CM's costume is indeed awful, but I also know that these costumes need their proper context plus the overall film effects and atmosphere to be accurately assessed.

As for Shazam's costume: I don't like it, but I also feel that its cheesiness  will be a huge part of what charms audiences once the film opens.

Edited by StevenG

19 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Do people really care that much about how the costume looks from some set photos? Wait until a trailer at least to fully judge the suit

It’s the internet lol, if people can’t be dramatic and overreact to every little thing what purpose would it serve then? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Erm.... Robert DJnr was in jail and on drugs with no career when he got Iron Man. 

Chris Pratt was tv level talent who played the fat dude-bro best friend in romcoms. 

Middle of the road box office non star Paul Rudd? ‘Not Another Teen Movie’ star Chris Evans? Shirtless Aussie daytime soap actor Hemsworth?

It doesn’t matter if he was a TV star or is washed up. Give the guy a chance.

downey had been off drugs for years and at least he was an 'iconic' actor

and the others were movie actors and quite better looking

this dude not only looks goofy but he was semi semi in the late 00s for a an irrelevant tv show and is already 38, it's a very strange choice IMO

Edited by TombRaider

RDJ was "iconic" in 2008 pre-Iron Man? In what universe? 

Also, he was not a spring chicken when he did the first IM (he was older than Levi is now), so using Levi's age as a minus is nonsense. 

Also...the "better looking" argument is a non-argument since that is an entirely subjective opinion.

Just admit that you don't like Levi.

Edited by StevenG
  • Like 4

I wont admit that, I dont care about him, this is just a bizarre casting choice to me, like the dude that was cast as the 2006 version of superman (which flopped). downey was iconic and hollywood loves a (male) comeback story, plus he had the charisma of a movie star, levi is a D list tv actor, differences.

btw looks arent really subjetive, do you think judy greer could star in red arrow or in tomb raider?

Edited by TombRaider
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, TombRaider said:

I wont admit that, I dont care about him, this is just a bizarre casting choice to me, like the dude that was cast as the 2006 version of superman (which flopped). downey was iconic and hollywood loves a (male) comeback story, plus he had the charisma of a movie star, levi is a D list tv actor, differences.

btw looks arent really subjetive, do you think judy greer could star in red arrow or in tomb raider?

I would not cast her as Tomb Raider, but yes, she could do Red Arrow.

Two: again...how was RDJ "iconic" pre-Iron Man?

Three: actors are "TV actors" or "D-list talent" or "glorified models" until they are not. And that could happen in the blink of an eye. We love to make these silly snap jugments, but the reality is that all it takes for any actor that is considered a "lesser" entertainer is a beloved hit film to have people singing their praises and suddenly not thinking of them as "TV actors" or "D-list talent" or "glorified models". It happened to Gal Gadot with Wonder Woman, Charlize Theron with Monster, Channing Tatum with the triple slam dunk of The Vow, Magic Mike and 21 Jump Street, Kim Basinger with LA Confidential,  I could go on.

Edited by StevenG