Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

Notice he mentioned AQM being pushed back. Hahaha. As I said previously, I hope WB does that just for shits and giggles. I know it's late for that, but pushing it back 4 months wouldn't hurt the marketing, and at this stage, any online "geek" buzz will still be negative simply because there's been little obvious activity of the large-scale kind and they're set against DC anyway.

• 17.7% of moviegoers (172 respondents) saw and recalled this trailer this week.
  • That’s down slightly from 18.0% last week and also down from an 18.1% peak.
  • Yet it rises into the top three for the first week, at #3.

https://pro.boxoffice.com/trailer-impact-2-28-19/

Dunno why this isn't being marketed harder. Warner doesn't really have anything else big to market between now and April, I don't get why we aren't seeing an onslaught on Shazam stuff. We've really only gotten 1 trailer at this point (albeit an effective one). Maybe they're waiting for Captain Marvel to release? Problem is that once it does, I think CM will suck up all the air for a week or two. 

4 months ago I thought this could be a 110/300 movie. Now I'm down to about 55/165 but hopefully some last-minute marketing can give this enough type to go as high as 70/200

Just now, DAJK said:

Dunno why this isn't being marketed harder. Warner doesn't really have anything else big to market between now and April, I don't get why we aren't seeing an onslaught on Shazam stuff. We've really only gotten 1 trailer at this point (albeit an effective one). Maybe they're waiting for Captain Marvel to release? Problem is that once it does, I think CM will suck up all the air for a week or two. 

4 months ago I thought this could be a 110/300 movie. Now I'm down to about 55/165 but hopefully some last-minute marketing can give this enough type to go as high as 70/200

WB knows to be afraid of Disney. Not for Captain Marvel, but for Dumbo. They've already given up, knowing the world's love for baby elephants!

Eq.gif

(btw I don't think Dumbo will actually make more than Shazam. I just can't miss the opportunity to post baby elephant GIFs. Please don't start a debate/flame war with me)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

WB knows to be afraid of Disney. Not for Captain Marvel, but for Dumbo. They've already given up, knowing the world's love for baby elephants!

Eq.gif

(btw I don't think Dumbo will actually make more than Shazam. I just can't miss the opportunity to post baby elephant GIFs. Please don't start a debate/flame war with me)

No intention of starting any wars :lol: