Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

18 minutes ago, lilmac said:

Imagine if Man of Steel, Justice League and BvS did very well and set the tone for dark and moody.  

Would WB have attempted a serious, somber Shazam movie? What would THAT have looked like??

Yes, because the first time there was gonna be a Shazam movie, Warner wanted to change it to make it darker. This was after the release of the Dark Knight. That caused the writer and director to leave the project.

I so want this movie to somehow turn out good (even, truth be told, the odds are not in its favor and Kinberg does not fill me with trust) so the so called bloggers can shut the fuck up.I think all the hate is because they just love to suck Disney’s dick.It’s not like captain Marvel’s trailers were the second coming.

52 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I so want this movie to somehow turn out good (even, truth be told, the odds are not in its favor and Kinberg does not fill me with trust) so the so called bloggers can shut the fuck up.I think all the hate is because they just love to suck Disney’s dick.It’s not like captain Marvel’s trailers were the second coming.

Marvel has earned the people's faith even if they put out bad trailers. Some people just don't want to give Marvel credit for the work that went into the seemingly untouchable standing they enjoy now. Even if there was a bit of bias, it was earned.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Wrong thread?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've been of the mindset that WB knows what they're doing with the marketing strategy here, but...I dunno, maybe I'm not looking in the right places, or I'm not being targeted, but this is flying VERY under the radar at the moment. I do hope they ramp it up ASAP.

32 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

I've been of the mindset that WB knows what they're doing with the marketing strategy here, but...I dunno, maybe I'm not looking in the right places, or I'm not being targeted, but this is flying VERY under the radar at the moment. I do hope they ramp it up ASAP.

Nah it’s not just you. But I think they’re gonna wait until after Captain Marvel releases and do a last minute ramp up marketing campaign. But honestly, I feel like WB has missed some marketing opportunities for this movie given the type of character that’s in it. 

Whats shocked me is that we haven’t even gotten a second trailer for this since the original released. I do think that was a mistake though cause it’s been a long time since the first trailer released and the character isn’t an established one. This movie should have gotten 3 trailers imo The one in the summer, one before Aquaman released and then one released announcing tickets on sale. 

5 hours ago, lilmac said:

Imagine if Man of Steel, Justice League and BvS did very well and set the tone for dark and moody.  

Would WB have attempted a serious, somber Shazam movie? What would THAT have looked like??

I think the plan was always for the DCEU to be very diverse in tone. They had Phil Lord and Christopher Miller developing The Flash.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lilmac said:

I distinctly recall the president of New Line saying back in 2014 that this movie would be “fun” and “light”. 

Also, I guess I just broke my vow to not comment on this thread anymore.

I’m assuming if they’re actually releasing a second trailer it will come next week when they release Aquaman on digital and it has the exclusive look at Shazam. I get people’s concerns about the marketing for sure. 

18 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I’m assuming if they’re actually releasing a second trailer it will come next week when they release Aquaman on digital and it has the exclusive look at Shazam. I get people’s concerns about the marketing for sure. 

It would be funny if they release the Shazam trailer with Capt Marvel next week.