Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

17 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I so want this movie to somehow turn out good (even, truth be told, the odds are not in its favor and Kinberg does not fill me with trust) so the so called bloggers can shut the fuck up.I think all the hate is because they just love to suck Disney’s dick.It’s not like captain Marvel’s trailers were the second coming.

You got me curious and I did in fact google what Kinberg has to do with Shazam!!

14 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

They are just waiting for Capt Marvel hype to die down which will probably be a good while after the movie is released in theaters. Don't see what's soo hard people to comprehend about that.

I mean I can understand waiting till a certain point but Shazam will be coming out less then a month after captain marvel opens so really how long can they wait? I agree they should of held off on marketing more till now but starting next week  I think it’s about time to kick things up imo. 

If it was me I would release a trailer next Tuesday or Wednesday  and hope it gets attached to Captain Marvel(cause that’s obviously going to be huge). But that’s just my opinion of course. 

I know WB has taken a different approach with how they market their movies (and Captain Marvel playing a role) but here is what maybe an Unpopular opinion: they should have marketed Shazam in a similar way to how Fox marketed the first Deadpool. Shazam isn’t your typical CBM and I def think they could have capitalized on that similar to how Fox did with DP1. I mean this is only tracking for a $48M OW despite the first trailer getting massive amounts of buzz. Just seems like they missed an opportunity with this one but I guess we will wait and see. 

• Like 1

This is gonna do Bumblebee numbers domestically at this point. Really, really don't understand what WB's idea was in terms of advertising this, especially since Detective Pikachu - out a whole month later - has had a lot more marketing material released since November.

2 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I’m tempted on doing a club of another major WB movie this year topping this film DOM and WW but I’m not so sure. :ph34r:

The marketing here is.....interesting. 

Joker is gonna do 2x Shazam dom imo

1 minute ago, nevermore said:

This movie has like $80 million budget. Even $250 million worldwide will be profitable. Not sure why people are freaking out.

Because every CBM has to make over 850M WW now, the die has been cast.  :popcorn:

Edited by DMan7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nevermore said:

This movie has like $80 million budget. Even $250 million worldwide will be profitable. Not sure why people are freaking out.

I don’t think anyone of us are worried about profit (at least not myself). Just more so looking at the potential that this film could have 

6 minutes ago, nevermore said:

No one is freaking out. It’s just that this is Warner Bros’ biggest (and only) DC superhero movie this year, the Joker doesn’t count. You’d think that after the success of Aquaman, they’d be more confident in this film which has been testing well with test screenings. And like @Novasaid, the marketing could’ve been unique and awesome like Deadpool.

• Like 1