Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

32 minutes ago, UTJeff said:

Is this movie ever coming out?  I feel like we've been reading about The Rock playing Black Adam for like 10 years.

I believe it was supposed to come out in 2019 but I think since we've heard so much chatter about it recently it will be coming sooner. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I believe it was supposed to come out in 2019 but I think since we've heard so much chatter about it recently it will be coming sooner. 

Well if they want to release it in 2018, they will have to start shooting this year.  Will The Rock even have an opening in his schedule this year?

3 minutes ago, UTJeff said:

Well if they want to release it in 2018, they will have to start shooting this year.  Will The Rock even have an opening in his schedule this year?

I'm not sure tbh.

I know him and his production company met with Johns last week and they were all posting about it. He's also said in interviews in the past because they've been working on the movie for so long he expected it to come out before 2019.

I think we'll be hearing an announcement soon as to what the other DC movies will be for next year as it's pretty obvious Batman will probably be coming out in 2019. I have a feeling it might be this one or Gotham city sirens or both for 2018( along with Aquaman) but we'll see. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I'm not sure tbh.

I know him and his production company met with Johns last week and they were all posting about it. He's also said in interviews in the past because they've been working on the movie for so long he expected it to come out before 2019.

I think we'll be hearing an announcement soon as to what the other DC movies will be for next year as it's pretty obvious Batman will probably be coming out in 2019. I have a feeling it might be this one or Gotham city sirens or both for 2018( along with Aquaman) but we'll see. 

I agree with your Batman prediction.

• Like 1

March 3, 2017 - Logan
May 5, 2017 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
June 2, 2017 - Wonder Woman
July 7, 2017 - Spider-Man: Homecoming
November 3, 2017 - Thor: Ragnorak
November 17, 2017 - Justice League
February 16, 2018 - Black Panther
March 2, 2018 - Untitled FOX Marvel Film
May, 4 2018 - Avengers: Infinity War
June 29, 2018 - Untitled FOX Marvel Film
July 6, 2018 - Ant-Man and the Wasp
July 27, 2018 - Untitled DC Film
October 5, 2018 - Aquaman
November 2, 2018 - Untitled FOX Marvel Film
February 13, 2019 - Untitled FOX Marvel Film
March 8, 2019 - Captain Marvel
April 5, 2019 - Untitled DC Film
May 3, 2019 - Untitled Avengers
June 14, 2019 - Untitled DC Film
July 5, 2019 - Spider-Man: Homecoming 2
November 1, 2019 - Untitled DC Film
April 3, 2020 - Untitled DC Film
May 1, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Film
July 10, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Film
July 24, 2020 - Untitled DC Film
November 6, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Film

So currently there is no Batman/GL/Shazam/Flash/Cyborg on the schedule. No DC Sirens on there. I'm sure most/all of those will be coming. Just a matter of where they're slotted.

17 minutes ago, UTJeff said:

I have no idea what DC and WB are doing.  

Guardians of the Galaxy made way more sense than this.

I don't know if Black Adam could work as a solo film, I suspect a spin-off will be dependent on how Shazam is received.

On 18/01/2017 at 3:19 PM, ChipMunky said:

I see Batman taking the June 2019 spot. With Shazam still taking the early 2019 spot. Although if they want, they could push Shazam up to November 2018.

I imagine WB won't move up Shazam as they already have Fantastic Beasts II plus Aquaman is only a month before. 

11 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I don't know if Black Adam could work as a solo film, I suspect a spin-off will be dependent on how Shazam is received.

I imagine WB won't move up Shazam as they already have Fantastic Beasts II plus Aquaman is only a month before. 

I think they might be making the black Adam movie first tbh. They'll probably play it as an antihero movie and then move into shazam after. Personally I'm fine with that decision if that happens. 

I would be pretty shocked if they didn't announce a second DC movie for 2018 schedule. 

2 hours ago, UTJeff said:

I have no idea what DC and WB are doing.  

Guardians of the Galaxy made way more sense than this.

20/20 hindsight, GotG had an army of detractors pre-release too. A space movie with aliens? A tree and a raccoon?! Marvel is really pushing its luck here.

At least Black Adam fits well with the "Gods Among Us" approach the DCEU has taken with the DC superheroes like Superman, Wonder Woman and well, BatGod.

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

20/20 hindsight, GotG had an army of detractors pre-release too. A space movie with aliens? A tree and a raccoon?! Marvel is really pushing its luck here.

At least Black Adam fits well with the "Gods Among Us" approach the DCEU has taken with the DC superheroes like Superman, Wonder Woman and well, BatGod.

Guardians of the Galaxy at least had a very good comic book basis.  The comic series was relaunched a few years earlier by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning, and that was basically what became the movie.  It was a great comic.  But at least, they are heroes.  A ragtag group but they are heroes. 

Black Adam is Shazam's villain.