Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

On 12/7/2018 at 8:47 PM, Jonwo said:

Shazam will have all the major formats to itself for three weeks so it makes sense for them to stay put. 

I agree. With RDJ's Doctor Dolittle moving from it's April 12th slot and Hellboy a minor player at best, Shazam should have a strong second weekend hold assuming it's received well. And if Aquaman hits in America like it's done in China, that's just added momentum for the brand, which would greatly benefit a lesser known property like Shazam.

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

So, what was the story on the reshoots? I know that reshoots are common for nearly every movie like this, but I distinctly remembered hearing that the reshoots for this film were extended till December. Any ideas on what those were about? 

Ask the director on twitter, he seems to be very active answering fan questions over there. 

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

So, what was the story on the reshoots? I know that reshoots are common for nearly every movie like this, but I distinctly remembered hearing that the reshoots for this film were extended till December. Any ideas on what those were about? 

I don’t remember where I read it but I thought I read WB was happy with the movie and gave Sandberg more money to add on some stuff he wanted to. 

7 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

A power ranger fight sequence 

5 minutes ago, Ash Skywalker said:

The good buzz for DC will continue if the trailer is good.

I think Shazam already has good buzz because of its FUN premise.

The humor might be nit corny for my taste but it got good laughs from the audience and decent amount of enthusiasm when the trailer was shown before Aquaman. Something I barely noticed in other dceu movie trailers post SS here.

4 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

I think Shazam already has good buzz because of its FUN premise.

The humor might be nit corny for my taste but it got good laughs from the audience and decent amount of enthusiasm when the trailer was shown before Aquaman. Something I barely noticed in other dceu movie trailers post SS here.

The positive vibes just add additional boost, dc needs it.
We've got the Shazam trailer too, and they liked it, there were some screams when he says Shazam for the 2nd time. And also Godzilla trailer 1, this looked absolutely beautiful on the big screen.

10 hours ago, cax16 said:

I don’t remember where I read it but I thought I read WB was happy with the movie and gave Sandberg more money to add on some stuff he wanted to. 

They said the same thing about the Suicide Squad reshoots, tho :ph34r: 

They also said Joss Whedon was finishing Justice League the way Zack Snyder wanted and that proved to be a lie too, because Snyder would never agree to that abomination.

But Wonder Woman and Aquaman also had reshoots so it doesn't mean anything, it could go either way.