Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

The low marketing effort for Shazam seems to indicate that WB sees little chance of this movie breaking out and want to spend as little as possible on this movie. There is no indication that the general public are hyped for Shazam and the tracking is very low.

There is a chance that they won't even release a second trailer for Shazam

17 minutes ago, LordNox said:

The low marketing effort for Shazam seems to indicate that WB sees little chance of this movie breaking out and want to spend as little as possible on this movie. There is no indication that the general public are hyped for Shazam and the tracking is very low.

There is a chance that they won't even release a second trailer for Shazam.

It's looking that way

This is gonna need WW level reviews and WOM to overcome WB's godawful marketing

Edited by DlAMONDZ
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

WB always starts marketing blitz about one month before release. No reason to overreact. 

Doesn't seem that logical to start marketing Shazam when everyone will focus on Captain Marvel and Endgame. Its pretty much unique for a superhero movie to only release a teaser trailer and the fact that is what happening with Shazam is a very bad sign for their hope in this movie.

3 minutes ago, LordNox said:

Doesn't seem that logical to start marketing Shazam when everyone will focus on Captain Marvel and Endgame. Its pretty much unique for a superhero movie to only release a teaser trailer and the fact that is what happening with Shazam is a very bad sign for their hope in this movie.

Venom's second trailer released same week as Infinity War's OW.

Edited by EarlyDeadlinePredictions
  • Like 1

For whatever reason, WB's marketing campaign for Shazam has been a completely underwhelming.   They just keep posting new small featurettes, or short clips of the same fucking footage we've seen since last summer. (maybe an extra few shots here and there) and the response is the same every time.

WHERE IS THE TRAILER ... it's become a meme at this point.

... and it goes on and on and now the movie comes out in 48 days. 

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AdamKendall said:

For whatever reason, WB's marketing campaign for Shazam has been a complete embarrassment.   They just keep posting new small featurettes, or short clips of the same fucking footage we've seen since last summer. (maybe an extra few shots here and there) and the response is the same every time.

Is this you?

20 hours ago, AndyK said:

Yeah, whatever is going on with Shazam! it's too bad because this movie looks like a hell of a lot of fun! I suppose people love superheroes so much in NA that they want to be able to take them seriously and they're less interested in the slapstick angle. Only Deadpool pulled that off and that's because it was a novelty. Even then, ever since the release of Deadpool the quality of superhero films has only gotten higher, which means audiences are just going to take the subject matter even more seriously. 

If there is a Deadpool 3, I predict it will experience a major drop-off, similar to what happened with, say, Shrek the Third. Audiences won't need the tongue in cheek parody of superhero tropes anymore.

Like I said though, this looks like fun and I'll definitely go see it. 

5 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

lol ... no. 

David loves messing around with the crazy people ... also one of the few directors who will go on DC subreddits and explain things from time to time.

Love the guy! I loved how he released those directing featurettes for a movie as small scale as Annabelle: Creation. You can tell he just loves what he does and he has a lot of appreciation for audiences and fans.

1 hour ago, AdamKendall said:

For whatever reason, WB's marketing campaign for Shazam has been a completely underwhelming.   They just keep posting new small featurettes, or short clips of the same fucking footage we've seen since last summer. (maybe an extra few shots here and there) and the response is the same every time.

People on Internet is SO impatient! 

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

Like I said though, this looks like fun and I'll definitely go see it. 

Which is why you can't see the marketing.

They know you will see it anyway, so what is the point of throwing money away targeting people who are a done deal.

The new WB marketing strategy was first rolled out with Wonder Woman and then with Aquaman and it was explained at the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndyK said:

Which is why you can't see the marketing.

They know you will see it anyway, so what is the point of throwing money away targeting people who are a done deal.

The new WB marketing strategy was first rolled out with Wonder Woman and then with Aquaman and it was explained at the time.

Hmm, good point. It's worked for them lately so who am I to argue?

By the way, I'm not necessarily commenting on the marketing strategy here. I was commenting on early tracking. Though I guess they go hand and hand and tracking may increase tenfold once the marketing ramps up.

So I don't know....