alisson23

The Maze Runner OS Strong Run! 208M Cume!

Then is balanced, high for ones and low for others...  I don't have data for Israel even, only Percy Jackson numbers.

Well catching Fire made 3.7M, HP8 made 3.35M, with the Potters before that making between 2-3M.

Edited by Tower

But this is the first movie of saga, compare with sequels isn't right. And yeah, 300K is too low

It's also less than I Am Number 4, TFIOS etc.

But my comment was more about the disparity between Israel and Portugal, The Maze Runner may end up flopping everywhere, I don't know. But if it makes 150M OS, it should do more than 300K in Israel.

• Like 1

It's also less than I Am Number 4, TFIOS etc.

But my comment was more about the disparity between Israel and Portugal, The Maze Runner may end up flopping everywhere, I don't know. But if it makes 150M OS, it should do more than 300K in Israel.

Oh my bad. But overall my prediction is balanced.  :)

• Like 2

I made my estimate based on the anticipation in my country, which is big despite the fact that the books were never published here and 'Teen Wolf' is not on TV. Europe will do big number for this and the marketplace is empty. 200M is not that much. 

Since when Europe does well with YA adaptations? All recent tries have bombed HARD in europe.  I'm basing it on my country where even a great marketing effort and big campaign from the biggest distributor meant nothing.

Please look at numbers of Mortal Instruments and Divergent. The movie should be somewhere in between (it looks better than both but Divergent and Mortal instruments books were more popular). Mortal instruments bombed everywhere outside of Russia and Germany (it is a type of movie germans like for some crazy reason) and even there it was far from stellar. 

I will be surprised if it exceeds 10mil in any euro country. 7-8mil in the biggest markets would be a success. 

Edited by norbar

I liked the trailer a lot. :D

I hope it can do better than Divergent.

But it's kinda hard...

I don't know how hard other distros will push it but Divergent had a big push in US 1 month before relese. Maze runner? It's still quiet. Wonder if it will translate to the international strategy

I don't know how hard other distros will push it but Divergent had a big push in US 1 month before relese. Maze runner? It's still quiet. Wonder if it will translate to the international strategy

Well Divergente is distributed by Lionsgate. It is an advantage. 

Fox is not a good distributor.

Well Divergente is distributed by Lionsgate. It is an advantage. 

Fox is not a good distributor.

Divergent is distributed by LG only in America. Other countries have other distributors. 

Since when Europe does well with YA adaptations? All recent tries have bombed HARD in europe.  I'm basing it on my country where even a great marketing effort and big campaign from the biggest distributor meant nothing.

Please look at numbers of Mortal Instruments and Divergent. The movie should be somewhere in between (it looks better than both but Divergent and Mortal instruments books were more popular). Mortal instruments bombed everywhere outside of Russia and Germany (it is a type of movie germans like for some crazy reason) and even there it was far from stellar. 

I will be surprised if it exceeds 10mil in any euro country. 7-8mil in the biggest markets would be a success. 

It pretty much looks like fantasy/SF and that does decent in Europe, especially the first. ;) MI looked like your average Twilight copy flick, and Divergent was also aiming for a female audience. This looks more like an action movie with a popular among females star. 

It pretty much looks like fantasy/SF and that does decent in Europe, especially the first. ;) MI looked like your average Twilight copy flick, and Divergent was also aiming for a female audience. This looks more like an action movie with a popular among females star. 

Who's the "popular among females" star? Also The Host had 10x better marketing materials making it look like a quality sci-fi picture, it had the director of Gattaca, it had Saoirse Ronan and Diane Kruger (bigger name than any of the ones in Maze runner, especially in some Euro countries), it also had a very good song to help promote the movie. 

What advantages maze runner has in marketing above that? I agree it looks more atractive to males but marketing wise the movie seems to be really hurting and it's awfuly quiet about it so close to release. Not the case for most of the recent bombs in the YA genre.