alisson23

The Maze Runner OS Strong Run! 208M Cume!

So please suggest me what factors convinced you Maze Runner will have better Legs than the Hunger games?

As for big releases they depend on the country. Argentina is dominated by wild tales and it will take 5th first spot next weekend, Asian markets are still to open a lot of big hollywood movies and Poland will have a movie that will probably to 10-15x the result of maze runner opening on the same weekend.

Also Hunger games didn't face strong comp.

Here is on argument, Mazrunner won't suck as hard as The hungergames lol :)

Here is on argument, Mazrunner won't suck as hard as The hungergames lol :)

I'm not a fan of the hunger games but it's not our opinion that matters. It's how many people think it doesn't suck. And really A LOT of people like Hunger games. It also has less negative audience than Twilight which really helps building buzz around it.

September has weak OWs but better legs than march.This movie is target for males. Good part of them don't watch in OW.Go search and look at Hunger Games legs, they aren't big thing.3 big OS competitionJohn carterWrath of titansBattleshipMaze runner won't see a competition not even close of that BO level.

The big OS competition includes 2 movies that BOMBED and did crap at the box office. So nope, not big.

Also yes september has better legs but worse results in general.

As for male not watching in OW that's not really true. Look at spreads at BO mojo. It's rare to see a high female bias and on male movies you sometimes see 60-65% on OW.

And yeah hunger games didn't have gigantic legs because the marketing campain made it open big. Any movie where there is high anticipation is very frontloaded, even if people like it. It's the surprises that have long legs. But Maze Runner even if it has better legs has to open at least on 70% of what hunger games did in most countries to surpass it. Though I think 90% is more probable since it's rare to see very long legs in movies where the audience will only be 25 and under.

The big OS competition includes 2 movies that BOMBED and did crap at the box office. So nope, not big.Also yes september has better legs but worse results in general.As for male not watching in OW that's not really true. Look at spreads at BO mojo. It's rare to see a high female bias and on male movies you sometimes see 60-65% on OW.And yeah hunger games didn't have gigantic legs because the marketing campain made it open big. Any movie where there is high anticipation is very frontloaded, even if people like it. It's the surprises that have long legs. But Maze Runner even if it has better legs has to open at least on 70% of what hunger games did in most countries to surpass it. Though I think 90% is more probable since it's rare to see very long legs in movies where the audience will only be 25 and under.

They BOMBED because had ENORMOUS budget but still they are BIG compared to the competition which MZ will have. If a movie is budgeted to 900M and do 1bi WW, it was a FLOP because had ENORMOUS budget but still has a HUGE box office. Would be very interesting you learn the mean of some terms.Look to OW of 5 countries which Maze runner was released, again.How I said before, results are bad because distribuidors put bad movies and They aren't bold sufficient for put movies with potential like this. But still we have success like resident evil saga, animation movies and some horror movies.You just comprove what I said before about the legs. Hunger Games was front loaded because had already a big fan base WW from books who were very antecipated for the movie. Maze Runner doesn't have. Looking to the OW of Maze Runner until now, the only OW which Maze Runner opened behind Hunger Games was mexico, and was not a biig difference. Yeah, if Maze Runner continue this way it has a biig chance of surpass Hunger Games.

They BOMBED because had ENORMOUS budget but still they are BIG compared to the competition which MZ will have.If a movie is budgeted to 900M and do 1bi WW, it was a FLOP because had ENORMOUS budget but still has a HUGE box office. Would be very interesting you learn the mean of some terms.Look to OW of 5 countries which Maze runner was released, again.How I said before, results are bad because distribuidors put bad movies and They aren't bold sufficient for put movies with potential like this. But still we have success like resident evil saga, animation movies and some horror movies.You just comprove what I said before about the legs.Hunger Games was front loaded because had already a big fan base WW from books who were very antecipated for the movie. Maze Runner doesn't have.Looking to the OW of Maze Runner until now, the only OW which Maze Runner opened behind Hunger Games was mexico, and was not a biig difference. Yeah, if Maze Runner continue this way it has a biig chance of surpass Hunger Games.

1. Those 5 countries are not all countries. Asian markets release MANY summer blockbusters after the summer, eastern europe has a ton of products based at school age viewers (exactly the same target)

2. Maze Runner doesn't have a big fanbase and it will be bigger than hunger games? That's counter intuitive. It's like saying Percy Jackson should be bigger than Harry potter because the book had less fans.

3. It will not surpass Hunger games in my country (because they chose to open against a film that will open 10x bigger than Maze Runner, and 2 weeks before 2 movies that will have 5x the opening of maze runner), and many other EE countries (Czech Rep early limited release means it will probably debut on 3-5th spot there). Same for most European markets. Japan may go higher since Hunger Games was very low there but US movies this year have problems there.

4. Stop lying that Mexico difference is small. 2.3M$ vs 3.5M$ is a 33% difference. On a big market that had a decent OW multiplier. The results are surprisingly good but stop overexagerating. Ffs your name here is mazerunner, you have a maze runner avatar and signature. You aren't very objective about the movie and I'm waiting for some other small market to open good for you to say Maze Runner will beat Avatar.

1. Those 5 countries are not all countries. Asian markets release MANY summer blockbusters after the summer, eastern europe has a ton of products based at school age viewers (exactly the same target)

2. Maze Runner doesn't have a big fanbase and it will be bigger than hunger games? That's counter intuitive. It's like saying Percy Jackson should be bigger than Harry potter because the book had less fans.

3. It will not surpass Hunger games in my country (because they chose to open against a film that will open 10x bigger than Maze Runner, and 2 weeks before 2 movies that will have 5x the opening of maze runner), and many other EE countries (Czech Rep early limited release means it will probably debut on 3-5th spot there). Same for most European markets. Japan may go higher since Hunger Games was very low there but US movies this year have problems there.

4. Stop lying that Mexico difference is small. 2.3M$ vs 3.5M$ is a 33% difference. On a big market that had a decent OW multiplier. The results are surprisingly good but stop overexagerating. Ffs your name here is mazerunner, you have a maze runner avatar and signature. You aren't very objective about the movie and I'm waiting for some other small market to open good for you to say Maze Runner will beat Avatar.

But Hunger Games did quite bad in most Eastern European markets. Even Divergent beat it here, despite the HG books being way more popular. 

• Like 1

1. Those 5 countries are not all countries. Asian markets release MANY summer blockbusters after the summer, eastern europe has a ton of products based at school age viewers (exactly the same target)2. Maze Runner doesn't have a big fanbase and it will be bigger than hunger games? That's counter intuitive. It's like saying Percy Jackson should be bigger than Harry potter because the book had less fans.3. It will not surpass Hunger games in my country (because they chose to open against a film that will open 10x bigger than Maze Runner, and 2 weeks before 2 movies that will have 5x the opening of maze runner), and many other EE countries (Czech Rep early limited release means it will probably debut on 3-5th spot there). Same for most European markets. Japan may go higher since Hunger Games was very low there but US movies this year have problems there.4. Stop lying that Mexico difference is small. 2.3M$ vs 3.5M$ is a 33% difference. On a big market that had a decent OW multiplier. The results are surprisingly good but stop overexagerating. Ffs your name here is mazerunner, you have a maze runner avatar and signature. You aren't very objective about the movie and I'm waiting for some other small market to open good for you to say Maze Runner will beat Avatar.

1. Those countries show the OS potential.2. Maze Runner doesn't have a big fan base. Means it will be less front loaded than hunger games. Less front loaded = better legs.3. Your country is not all countries.4. Big difference would be if Hunger games had did 5M+ which is about twice.5. Hunger games is a better book than Maze Runner. Doesn't means say the movie has better legs than Maze Runner can have. Edited by MazeRunner23

But Hunger Games did quite bad in most Eastern European markets. Even Divergent beat it here, despite the HG books being way more popular. 

It did the same as the first Twilight in Poland. It did 4x the Twilight result in Russia. What country are you taking about? Croatia Divergent was weaker than both Twilight (x4) and Hunger (x2) games.

Looking to the OW of Maze Runner until now, the only OW which Maze Runner opened behind Hunger Games was mexico, and was not a biig difference. Yeah, if Maze Runner continue this way it has a biig chance of surpass Hunger Games.

It could became one of those franchises that do huge overseas and don't dependent on domestic box office to be a success.  :D

• Like 1

1. Those countries show the OS potential.2. Maze Runner doesn't have a big fan base. Means it will be less front loaded than hunger games. Less front loaded = better legs.3. Your country is not all countries.4. Big difference would be if Hunger games had did 5M+ which is about twice.5. Hunger games is a better book than Maze Runner.Doesn't means say the movie has better legs than Maze Runner can have.

1. So 2/4 show potential, 2 show no potential. 50/50

2. Less front loading doesn't always mean better legs.

3. No my country is not all countries that's why I speak about EE, why I gave the Czech example.

4. If you take 33% of what Hunger games did you get $170mil. If that's not a big difference then I agree but if the movie ends up doing 160-180mil please don't claim it's near Hunger games. Four times difference means a total bomb and is impossible. if it could do 4 times less than Hunger games we wouldn't even have this topic.

5. Wait and learn. I hate that argument but I think you need some experience in following results because you seem to have no idea how much it takes for a movie to have long legs.

It did the same as the first Twilight in Poland. It did 4x the Twilight result in Russia. What country are you taking about? Croatia Divergent was weaker than both Twilight (x4) and Hunger (x2) games.

Twiligh made 200M OS. It was in no way huge. And was the beginning of the YA revolution (you could count Potter, but that's way above the YA level). I wasn't talking about a select country, but in general results. Of course you have Russia, that's so rapidly expanding HG was bound to beat the first Twilight). We're talking like the first HG was some huge success OS, when in fact it was not. TMR will probably make more than the first Twilight, but considering the expanding markets it is no surprise (that's why it's useless to compare the first twilight with pretty much anything from 2014). It's all about perspective.

• Like 2

1. So 2/4 show potential, 2 show no potential. 50/502. Less front loading doesn't always mean better legs.3. No my country is not all countries that's why I speak about EE, why I gave the Czech example.4. If you take 33% of what Hunger games did you get $170mil. If that's not a big difference then I agree but if the movie ends up doing 160-180mil please don't claim it's near Hunger games. Four times difference means a total bomb and is impossible. if it could do 4 times less than Hunger games we wouldn't even have this topic.5. Wait and learn. I hate that argument but I think you need some experience in following results because you seem to have no idea how much it takes for a movie to have long legs.

1. 2 show no potential? What are?2. What??? Do you know what front loaded means? Go search.3. OS isn't only EE and your country.4. Maze Runner opened with 1.2M less than Hunger games. Maze may finish with about 5M-6M less than Hunger games. Some countries should overshadow it and countries which do less. We have China, too. Hunger games did bad numbers. Maze Runner will be higher.5. You speak how if Hunger games had did Avatar legs. Hunger games legs are not big thing.6. We are talking about possibilities. It will depend of next weekend numbers.

"With a budget of around $34M+ (it actually looks like more on screen thanks to the CGI done in Vancouver by Method Studios), this one is doing quite well for Fox. It bowed strong last weekend in international markets, besting fellow YA sci-fi actioner Divergent in the territories it opened in, such as Mexico. It is currently rolling out to 48 other territories. Today’s gross puts it ahead of last year’s Ender’s Game which had a first day take of $9.8M and went onto gross $27M for the weekend. Fox distribution execs had the estimated gross for Maze Runner pegged early on, despite faulty tracking numbers leading into the weekend."

• Like 2

Maze runner opening weekend (Fri-Sun)

Admissions: 630,418

Gross:$4.776M

Screens: 648

Showtimes: 8,966

Seat saturation: 37.0%

South Korea ^ (It already passed The Hunger Games there)

Russia

It looks to opened with +-$6M. The Hungers Games opened with 6.6M

I think Maze Runner can finish with someting like 280M-300M OS

It is opening lower than HG in many coutries but also is opening much better in others.

• Like 5

Russia

It is opening lower than HG in many coutries but also is opening much better in others.

Good start in Korea and Russia :)

• Like 2

Russia

Honestly, if it makes more than 200M OS that would mean over 300M WW and 10x it's budget, and that without 3D. A HUGE victory for Fox and a big new franchise. WOM seems to be good. The potential for the next installment OS is immense. We could talk 350M+ easily.

• Like 3