Blankments

Blank Sells His Soul to the Box Office Forums - A Social Experiment (WEEK 13 - KIRK CAMERON'S SAVING CHRISTMAS)

Well, there is an interesting conundrum for this movie.

The main reason I wanted to see this movie besides the cast was because my biggest Oscar contender in CAYOM basically had this plotline. One main critique that film got was that it played the concept (have to stay in the same house after the death of a loved one) way too straight and dramatically. And that's what my issue was with this really.

Any comedy scene I thought was great.

The three brothers smoking pot

probably will be up there with one of the funniest scenes of the year to me. The problem was I just wasn't sold on the dramatic scenes. Both Bateman and Fey aren't that great dramatic actors and it shows. And it's a shame this movie tried so hard to be dramatic when a simple dark comedy would've been fantastic with this cast. Or if the movie wanted to be dramatic, Levy should've focused on it making more of an ensemble movie rather than just Bateman's show. As it is, I felt bad for Bateman having so much work to do.

Positives though: If Corey Stoll ever needs work, comedy is surprisingly his thing. Adam Driver too, but he'll be busy with Star Wars. They were both surprises to me in how much I laughed at them. Fonda is great in her role, and Bateman and Fey are still charismatic. I felt even kinda like Bateman may have just took the role to make out with Rose Byrne, and I can't blame him for that. Byrne was lovely too.

Such a great cast that try hard to but ultimately fail to save this movie from more than being just okay in my eyes. B-

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/16545-blanks-soul-week-9-poll-only/

If anyone's curious about my first post today meant... I refuse to see Addicted. I'd sooner eat off my own feet before paying to see that. Sorry to disappoint; I just don't see any enjoyment; even ironic, coming out of that drivel.

Okay, Alpha, I'm just gonna be blunt: A Matter of Faith is not The Identical 2.0 in anyway.

If you look at The Identical, it's much more in the vein of When the Game Stands Tall in that it's an attempt at a popular drama (rock biopic for Identical, sports movie for When the Game Stands Tall) that awkwardly fits in some religious messages. The Identical had good actors in it too being awful and it was an overly shoddy movie too.

If you mean in the sense of this experiment, Left Behind was already The Identical 2.0. And personally, I think it's telling of this site's priorities if yet another Christian movie is chosen for me to mock...

I will just say, I voted for The Identical because of it getting such bad reviews and I vote for Left Behind because of Cage. Neither were because they were movies with Christian themes. I don't know why others voted for them though. Oh, and I am not going to be voting for A Matter of Faith.

• Like 1

Okay, Alpha, I'm just gonna be blunt: A Matter of Faith is not The Identical 2.0 in anyway.

If you look at The Identical, it's much more in the vein of When the Game Stands Tall in that it's an attempt at a popular drama (rock biopic for Identical, sports movie for When the Game Stands Tall) that awkwardly fits in some religious messages. The Identical had good actors in it too being awful and it was an overly shoddy movie too.

If you mean in the sense of this experiment, Left Behind was already The Identical 2.0. And personally, I think it's telling of this site's priorities if yet another Christian movie is chosen for me to mock...

Trust me, the site doesn't care if it is a Christian movie, a Hindu movie or a Mormon movie. I think most of us are just going by "Which movie would we probably never watch in the theater, but we need someone to experience it on the big screen."

• Like 1

I will just say, I voted for The Identical because of it getting such bad reviews and I vote for Left Behind because of Cage. Neither were because they were movies with Christian themes. I don't know why others voted for them though. Oh, and I am not going to be voting for A Matter of Faith.

It's fine Empire, that little rant wasn't directed at you really...

Trust me, the site doesn't care if it is a Christian movie, a Hindu movie or a Mormon movie. I think most of us are just going by "Which movie would we probably never watch in the theater, but we need someone to experience it on the big screen."

Well, that's (and I'm sorry for this since I wanted to remain impartial to this) dumb. The whole point of this experiment was to get me seeing good movies I'd never see. And it succeeded at the beginning with Hundred-Foot Journey and Magic in the Moonlight, but soon after that, somehow devolved into multiple shitty movies being picked with the odd good one in there.

Eh, I would just be interested in seeing how you react to it, considering you are an evangelical Christian.

That's bullshit, seeing how I've already given negative reviews to The Identical and Left Behind; you've gotten that reaction well enough.

Well, that's (and I'm sorry for this since I wanted to remain impartial to this) dumb. The whole point of this experiment was to get me seeing good movies I'd never see. And it succeeded at the beginning with Hundred-Foot Journey and Magic in the Moonlight, but soon after that, somehow devolved into multiple shitty movies being picked with the odd good one in there.

That's bullshit, seeing how I've already given negative reviews to The Identical and Left Behind; you've gotten that reaction well enough.

I will say, you could probably just not put movies like A Matter of Faith and Left Behind on there and no body would be suspicious of anything.

• Like 1

It's because we like to torture you, Blank.

If you thought our choices would be in your best interests, then that's plain foolish. :D

I will say, you could probably just not put movies like A Matter of Faith and Left Behind on there and no body would be suspicious of anything.

I did do that this week for once, if you look at the top of this page... But I honestly had no idea A Matter of Faith was yet another shitty Christian movie this forum was gonna try to actually be a thing. I thought it was an evolution documentary actually :lol:

It's because we like to torture you, Blank.

If you thought our choices would be in your best interests, then that's plain foolish. :D

Alpha, you're getting dangerously close to be ignored by me. Really, the only reason you aren't is because of CAYOM

If you want to fucking torture me, pick The Best of Me. Or Dolphin Tale 2. I'm getting pissed off that you keep on picking on my religion with your picks.

*the above is directed only at Alpha only, because I've caught onto him and his leanings on religion on the forum over the past few months*

Really? Blank whined about it and people changed their votes? That's actually the worst way to conduct a "social experiment", which this clearly isn't. If you wanted there to be a specific outcome like "seeing good movies" then don't call it that. Just call it "recommend me a movie!" or some bullshit.

• Like 2

Really? Blank whined about it and people changed their votes? That's actually the worst way to conduct a "social experiment", which this clearly isn't. If you wanted there to be a specific outcome like "seeing good movies" then don't call it that. Just call it "recommend me a movie!" or some bullshit.

To be fair Fury was winning before Blank whined, A Matter of Faith was just abnormally close.

• Like 2

Blank gave up on the "social experiment" once he realized that the forum will only make him see bad movies. Don't think any rotten ones will even be listed starting next week  :P

• Like 2