Blankments

Blank Sells His Soul to the Box Office Forums - A Social Experiment (WEEK 13 - KIRK CAMERON'S SAVING CHRISTMAS)

At least I'm not as bad as Noctis, who sometimes goes on an anti-religion rampage in the Classic Convo. Thread, and just recently started that Evolution vs. Creationism thread and started posting stuff like this:

The fact that it's more appealing and comforting to believe there is life after death doesn't really matter. People need to adjust and accept the truth.

Sorry. Tough.

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1

In retrospect, I apologize to Alpha. I shouldn't have gone off at him like that last night.

Really? Blank whined about it and people changed their votes? That's actually the worst way to conduct a "social experiment", which this clearly isn't. If you wanted there to be a specific outcome like "seeing good movies" then don't call it that. Just call it "recommend me a movie!" or some bullshit.

This hasn't been a social experiment for the last few weeks. Ever since I was given a vote in late September, I don't consider this a social experiment. Heck, "social experiment" has been a misnomer since this began. The whole point of this is to see who is smarter: people on the Internet, or critics. This is meant to test baumer's long-held axiom that critics are dumb and people's opinions are where it's at.

And I've whined about choices before and it's never changed anything. Not my fault it actually somehow worked this time :P

Blank gave up on the "social experiment" once he realized that the forum will only make him see bad movies. Don't think any rotten ones will even be listed starting next week  :P

Rotten movies are the whole point of this idea! There are plenty of poorly received critical movies that people here have loved. Those are the movies I hope would've been chosen: good movies in an unconventional sense that I would never see on my own. That's already happened with Into the Storm, Hundred-Foot Journey, and heck, even The Identical was enjoyable. If Fury wins this weekend, there's another movie I would never have seen that was picked for me.

I'm just going off at everyone since it seems for some reason, every time a knowingly shitty Christian movie is put up, it wins in the first week. It makes no fucking sense to me.

Are you going to bother to list Interstellar, or will you find the desire and will to see that on your own?

The answer to that has been in the first post since the thread was posted ;)

Some important notes: This experiment will end the Wednesday before Mockingjay releases. I might do it in the second semester too, but that depends on money and if I get a job. Also, the only movie I plan on seeing on the weekend during these time period is Interstellar on opening weekend thanks to prices, if you were curious.

Blank if never wanted to see those movies you should never put them on your list. I been for indie films that I liked an example is The Drop.

My only issue with them is the fact that it repeatedly happens. And I had no idea what A Matter of Faith was... Trust me, from now on, I will not be listing any Christian films

My only issue with them is the fact that it repeatedly happens. And I had no idea what A Matter of Faith was... Trust me, from now on, I will not be listing any Christian films

What if they're surprisingly good ones?

• Like 2

Fury - 8

The Boxtrolls - 5

Dracula Untold - 4

A Matter of Faith - 3

The Judge - 2

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day - 1

Annabelle - 1

The Best of Me - 1

The Book of Life - 1

Poor Dolphin Tale 2 got no votes :(

My only issue with them is the fact that it repeatedly happens. And I had no idea what A Matter of Faith was... Trust me, from now on, I will not be listing any Christian films

I never heard of matter of faith until you mentioned it.
  • Like 2

I enjoyed it but like others have mentioned, it's missing something. What? I don't know. The action was good though, and both Pitt and Lerman were good. Shia stole the show though; he should do more roles like this. I felt like the end went too long as well. Overall, I'll give a B+

I did go audibly "WHAT THE FUCK" at the end credits when I saw Jason Isaacs was in it though.

• Like 1

Actually, if it's alright with everyone, I'm running low on cash, and I'm already seeing Interstellar next Sunday... so would it be okay if I just take a week off for Interstellar/money issues and I'll be back for Week 11?

I'm not gonna complain. You do what you want Blank

BTW

Had a lot of fun with it. The dog was adorable. Keanu and to a lesser extent, DeFoe were both badasses. Action was awesome. Good time; the only thing that would've made it better is if Marton Csoskas was the main bad guy. A