Moviefanatic

Wed Numbers from RTH (GOTG back on top)

Nice drop.

Concerning this weekend I'm gonna use CA:TWS as refference. GOTG seems to be tracking slightly higher than it (except for the first weekend which is normal since Cap2 is a sequel and this weekend in which Cap2 had a special bump) Cap2 made 16,2 mil in its 4th weekend, so my prediction for GOTG for this weekend is gonna be 16,5 mil;

Ugly drops, but understandable since school has started now. EX3 keeps falling like a rock and probably won't even hit $50m total.

For GotG and TMNT, the Weds to Weds drops are still consistent with the Tues to Tues drops.  So nothing too out of the normal.

• Like 1

%age change from yesterday/%age change from last week

GOTG 2.6  -26% / -46.4%

TMNT 2.4  -31.7% / -53%

LBC 1.9   -24.2%

EX3 1.1  -32.2%

With GOTG beginning to trend above Turtles is there any chance that this will be reflected in the theater losses for this weekend (ie could Turtles lose more theater count than GOTG this week?)

With GOTG beginning to trend above Turtles is there any chance that this will be reflected in the theater losses for this weekend (ie could Turtles lose more theater count than GOTG this week?) 

Keep in mind, Turtles isn't really behind GOTG, Galaxy still has IMAX, so that mitigates the decline for sure.  So if you look at the average per theater, Turtles is probably a bit higher than GOTG.  But I don't think there will be a big loss of theaters from either film as there are still a lot of bottom feeders with screens to give.  In fact, GOTG keeps IMAX (most of it) until the Equalizer comes out....that's a two month run.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 5

Should be a fun weekend thanks to TMNT and GOTG; I'm rooting for Guardians but Turtle power has been getting the better Friday boost.  I think it's a coin flip for which movie wins the weekend.

I wonder how much the top 5 movies will be separated by.

• Like 1

Should be a fun weekend thanks to TMNT and GOTG; I'm rooting for Guardians but Turtle power has been getting the better Friday boost.  I think it's a coin flip for which movie wins the weekend.

I wonder how much the top 5 movies will be separated by.

You mean win between the two of them, or?

Because according to Variety, The Wrap, BO.com, and BOM none of those two will win the upcoming weekend (BOM thinks GotG might win Labor Day weekend)

• Like 1