iceroll

BOF's Top 100 Animated Films of All Time Ceremony! TOP 10 COUNTDOWN TIME! (p.36)

Gag, Toy Story 3 is not top 4 of all time good (I think the entire trilogy is a bit overrated when compared to Pixar's other golden age movies but that's me). And Frozen is to close to the top 10.I'm disappointed but I'm not overly surprised.

• Like 1

Posted Image

#3: The Incredibles (1991) - 1073 Points

Country of origin: USA (Pixar)
Animation style: 3D Computer Generated
Posted ImagePosted Image
Plot:
A family of undercover superheroes, while trying to live the quiet suburban life, are forced into action to save the world.

Iceroll's list trivia:
The Incredibles is the highest ranking film in the following categories:
Animation style: 3D Computer Generated
Decade: 2000s
Studio: Pixar Power PackTM

It made a pretty big 58 point jump from #4, Toy Story 3, but its gap with #2 is quite small.

1st place votes received: 1
2nd place votes received: 2

IMDB trivia:
Samuel L. Jackson was cast as the voice of Frozone because Brad Bird wanted the character to have the coolest voice.

BOF Blurb:
Spidey Freak:
Brad Bird and co. take inspiration from Alan Moore's superhero deconstruction novel Watchmen, and more mainstream titles like the Fantastic Four, to present this rip-roaring, fun and moving take on superhero tropes. Do you know why the superhero genre rocks so much? Its fans can write it an earnest love letter like The Incredibles.

BOF User Review:
perhaps best pixar movie, or maybe ratatouille is, but it's a fantastically funny superhero, probably the second best behind TDK. and i connected with the characters here more than in any other (though embarrassingly i have not yet seen wall-e).

8/10
-lisa, 2013

Posted Image

Posted Image

Film Video Clip:

• Like 19