iceroll

BOF's Top 100 Animated Films of All Time Ceremony! TOP 10 COUNTDOWN TIME! (p.36)

#53: The Emperor's New Groove (2000) - 270 Points

Country of origin: USA (Walt Disney Animation Studios)
Animation style: 2D Traditional
Posted ImagePosted Image
Plot:
Emperor Kuzco is turned into a llama by his ex-administrator Yzma, and must now regain his throne with the help of Pacha, the gentle llama herder.

Iceroll's list trivia:
The Emperor's New Groove is the second highest ranked 2000s Disney animated film. The 2000s weren't such a hot period for Disney.

IMDB trivia:
Patrick Warburton improvised when Kronk hummed his own theme song when he was carrying Kuzco in the bag to the waterfall. Disney legal department had Warburton to sign all rights to the humming composition over to them.

BOF User Review:
Fantastic. Hilarious. One of Disney's best. A+
-Blankments, 2014

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by iceroll
  • Like 16

I had no idea Pocahontas was that disliked until a couple of years ago when I started looking at movie forums and saw that RT score. I personally think it's very good and beautifully deals with an important topic. And "Savages" is one of the most powerful sequences I've ever seen in Western animation.

• Like 2

I think my hope on this list is that The LEGO Movie gets over Frozen.

Because, you know, it's the better movie.

I really like Frozen, but it definitely got very overrated very quickly.  It's definitely not one of the top few animations (or even WDAS specific animations) like many of the Frozenites claim it to be.

Don't get that across as me disliking it though, I put it on my top 10 over 2013.

• Like 3

No, it's not.

The LEGO Movie had me laughing every 10 seconds, gave me the feels in the emotional parts, and had great performances from everyone involved.

Frozen has cliches and tropes from pretty much every Disney princess movie ever.

The LEGO Movie had me laughing every 10 seconds, gave me the feels in the emotional parts, and had great performances from everyone involved. Frozen has cliches and tropes from pretty much every Disney princess movie ever.

Frozen was funnier and more emotional than the Lego Movie.
  • Like 2

Frozen was funnier and more emotional than the Lego Movie.

It tries to be emotional, but it tries way too hard that it becomes melodramatic.

And on the humor, Olaf wasn't that funny. He was just one of those comic relief characters that only makes me chuckle.

Looking at your list, it is most definitely not the 2nd greatest animated movie of all time. If it was released during the Disney Renaissance then people would be calling it a disappointment. 

• Like 2

It tries to be emotional, but it tries way too hard that it becomes melodramatic. And on the humor, Olaf wasn't that funny. He was just one of those comic relief characters that only makes me chuckle. Looking at your list, it is most definitely not the 2nd greatest animated movie of all time. If it was released during the Disney Renaissance then people would be calling it a disappointment.

It's one of my favorites, obviously.
  • Like 1

Land Before Time YES

But too low. People here disrespecting Da Bluth.

It turns out that I am a fan of Bluth with ever knowing it. Had LBT, NIMH, Both American tales and All dogs on my list :)

Very happy to see love for New Groove as it was a lot of fun. Really a lot of fun.

• Like 1

It's one of my favorites, obviously.

If you thought Olaf was funny then you better have 'Despicable Me' as your No. 1 animation. Nothing beats the minions when it comes to funny/stupid moments. :lol:

Edited by James
  • Like 1

Just looking at the top 25 of my top 100 list and it seems I still have 19 films left to appear.

Films already accounted for:

Sword in the Stone (19th)

Robin Hood (18th)

Pocahontas (17th)

Eldorado (14th)

Simpsons (10th)

Team America (8th)