iceroll

BOF's Top 100 Animated Films of All Time Ceremony! TOP 10 COUNTDOWN TIME! (p.36)

#51: Despicable Me (2010) - 278 Points

Country of origin: USA (Illumination Entertainment)
Animation style: 3D Computer Generated
Posted ImagePosted Image
Plot:
When a criminal mastermind uses a trio of orphan girls as pawns for a grand scheme, he finds their love is profoundly changing him for the better.

Iceroll's list trivia:
Despicable Me ranks 16 spots ahead of its sequel. That's one of the tighter franchise distributions actually, most sequels drop off the map, but we will also see a few upcoming sequels that rank roughly the same, or even higher.

IMDB trivia:
The directors actually wrote a language for the gibberish the minions speak throughout the film. They called it "minion-ese". Each word the minions speak in the film translates into an actual word.

BOF User Review:
One of the many great animated films last year! So dang funny. Love the Minions, and those girls were so cute and funny! Great to hear Julie Andrews as well, who I didn't even reconize until the credits!
I still don't know why this should have a sequel though as it seemed stand alone.

-Impact, 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 13

just one more spot to cross off for Jungle Book to have made top 50 :)

(50th will still be 49 places to low in my own eyes but I have lower expectations about public consensus of my favourite films than some others here do :D

EDIT: It made it already :D

Now let's push for top 40 

Edited by chasmmi
  • Like 3

For one, the people who sit on the top would have their feet dangling in front of the faces of those on the bottom.

And the viewing angle would probably suck for one or the other levels, or maybe both unless it's a really big TV. 

Besides, the guy didn't even have one friend - a chair was more than enough. :P

• Like 1

#50: Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011) - 280 Points

Country of origin: USA (Dreamworks Animation)
Animation style: 3D Computer Generated
Posted ImagePosted Image
Plot:
Po and his friends fight to stop a peacock villain from conquering China with a deadly new weapon, but first the Dragon Warrior must come to terms with his past.

Iceroll's list trivia:
Kung Fu Panda 2 is the only Dreamworks animation flick between the Croods at #73, and the next one at #28.

IMDB trivia:
Late in the movie Master Croc leaps onto the boat and lands in a wide split position. This is a characteristic move of Jean-Claude Van Damme, who voices him.

BOF User Review:
Awesome sequel that logically builds theme and meaning from its predecessor, features a kick-ass villain in Gary Oldman, some great action sequences, some smart comedy and cool use of traditional animation. Disappointed that the Furious Five wasn't given much to do (besides Tigress) but considering this is really Po's story I can excuse that.

B+ 
-Gopher, 2012

Posted Image

Posted Image

***NEW IN TOP 50*** Film Video Clip:
Edited by iceroll
  • Like 12

NOOOO! :( :( :(

If there is one thing that baffles me more than the love for Finding Nemo, it's that nobody seems to see Kung Fu Panda as being the near-perfect animated film of the 21st century.

It has a great story, characters, plot, animation, emotion. It has everything and somehow it never gets rated. I don't understand it. :9

• Like 1