iceroll

BOF's Top 100 Animated Films of All Time Ceremony! TOP 10 COUNTDOWN TIME! (p.36)

Excellent film, a classic, absolutely hilarious. The blend of live action and animation is amazing.

The movie was a nightmare to do, it was done before the computer age and the blend of live action and animation was extremely difficult to pull off.
  • Like 2

The movie was a nightmare to do, it was done before the computer age and the blend of live action and animation was extremely difficult to pull off.

I can only imagine.

Thankfully the final product turned out to be great.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 2

It's still not as good as Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Like, seriously?

Fantastic Mr. Fox is a curious case, I remember seeing it a few years back and not liking it because it wasn't as funny or easy on the eye as the more popular animations. Yeah, I was young, like many others when they saw it and probably never wanted to revisit it and let's face it, Wes Anderson is not for everybody. Anyway, if this was an awards forum or any other that is filled with snobbish adults, Fox would be in the top 5 at least, but this is a box office forum, and most of our (younger) members probably never even saw it or didn't like it.

Remember, this IS a popularity contest, and the movies that are easily accessible will top the list. Just be happy that the independent movies you like even made it :)

• Like 3

Fantastic Mr. Fox is a curious case, I remember seeing it a few years back and not liking it because it wasn't as funny or easy on the eye as the more popular animations. Yeah, I was young, like many others when they saw it and probably never wanted to revisit it and let's face it, Wes Anderson is not for everybody. Anyway, if this was an awards forum or any other that is filled with snobbish adults, Fox would be in the top 5 at least, but this is a box office forum, and most of our (younger) members probably never even saw it or didn't like it. Remember, this IS a popularity contest, and the movies that are easily accessible will top the list. Just be happy that the independent movies you like even made it :)

I'm 30 which is as good as being dead compared to half the members here it sometimes feels but i still absolutely hated mr fox when i tried to watch it 2 weeks ago
  • Like 1

Fantastic Mr. Fox is a curious case, I remember seeing it a few years back and not liking it because it wasn't as funny or easy on the eye as the more popular animations. Yeah, I was young, like many others when they saw it and probably never wanted to revisit it and let's face it, Wes Anderson is not for everybody. Anyway, if this was an awards forum or any other that is filled with snobbish adults, Fox would be in the top 5 at least, but this is a box office forum, and most of our (younger) members probably never even saw it or didn't like it.

Remember, this IS a popularity contest, and the movies that are easily accessible will top the list. Just be happy that the independent movies you like even made it :)

Well I guess that's fair.

It's still a better movie, though.

It's still not as good as Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Like, seriously?

Yes. Lilo and Stitch is like The Descendants meets Guardians of the Galaxy almost a decade before those two wonderful movies even existed. And I am not just talking about the Hawaiian location and alien experiment critter when I say "Descendants meets Guardians".

Edited by Spidey Freak