eXtacy

Weekend Estimates: GotG 17.6m | TMNT 16.8m | If I Stay 16.4m | WGST 9.0m | Sin City 6.5m

60-70m for a 3D movie today is probably about the same budget level as a 40m movie 9 years ago.

Well, in that case, they should have just canceled their plans of doing a sequel. 

• Like 4

So looks like shit box office is coming early this year.

It usually comes in every year at this time. The last good weekend of every Summer is the one of middle August. After that is downhill until late September. 

• Like 1

It usually comes in every year at this time. The last good weekend of every Summer is the one of middle August. After that is downhill until late September. 

Yeah, this. 2009 was probably the only time late August wasn't a complete and total dead zone. Otherwise, this is nothing out of the ordinary.

• Like 1

I wonder if church groups are ordering tickets to WTGST. It's being produced by Affirm Films, which tends to make a lot of films with Evangelical Christian ideals (Heaven Is For Real, Soul Surfer, Mom's Night Out, etc.)

The movie has a lot of faith elements in it. I can see church groups going to see this.